Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NG Coolant temp after startup???

Hi,
    I have a 1991 V6 pajero, which 4 months ago had a remanufactured motor installed. With this the radiator was pulled apart / cleaned - new waterpump - thermostat..

I have noticed that from starting from cold the temp gauge reaches just slightly above mid way after only driving 1 Km... Is this normal... Or is something wrong?

My old motor took much longer to reach normal operating temp...

Thanks.

My 1999 V6 3.5 does the same. It then stays at the halfway mark.
    1999 3.5 NL Exceed Auto, Adelaide, South Australia

Comment

It is normal;your new thermostat is working properly, T/4 engine reaches optimal temp much quicker.

Comment

Thanks Keith and Shun - I've never had a vehicle that warms up so quick so to me seemed odd...

Sunny

Comment

Probably due to the new thermostat (it's the way it's meant to work). The coolant in the block heats to normal operating temperature, then the thermostat starts opening and exchanges hot coolant for the cool coolant from the radiator.
          UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
          $6500

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X