Gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas

Well.. i booked the pajero in for a gas conversion.... getting the "SGI gas injection" system as apposed to the normal system.

people who have a gas conversion care to comment on how they are... running and maintenance wise

Ray

I'll be keen to hear how it goes. Good luck with it.
    Retired - 2001 NM Exceed V6, 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, Wildcat Headers and Custom 2.5" Lukey Ultra Flo System, Milford barrier, Cooper HTs and GY MT/Rs, TJM sump and transmission bashplates

Comment

Hi Ray,
      I had gas put on my Paj over 3 years ago and have had no problems whatsoever with gas. I really never used petrol at all for over a year once and ran I out of gas, only to find the petrol had gone off, and the car ran like a pig until all the old fuel was used up, so you still need to run on fuel occasionally and keep so to keep replacing the old fuel .

When I had the gas installed I put in an Upper cylinder lubrication kit as well. - My mechanic told me to use transmission oil instead of the marketed brand lubricants - same job less costly...

You'll love pulling up at the servo from now on...

Sunny

Comment

Any figures on what an injection gas conversion costs?

Comment

I'm intreasted too in the pricing and also any good places in Adelaide to get it done.
          NP 03 Exceed. 3.5l petrol. Injected LPG. 2in lift, Poly air at rear, custom rear storage, 10 wheeels, 5 tyres looking for some new tyres,

Comment

To have gas put on my injected 3.0 litre V6 2.5 years ago came under $2000, so would be more expensive now. But don't forget about the Govt chipping in $ 2000 on a new gas unit... You have to pay up front and get the rebate back... But even if it cost $2500 now- with the rebate it's only cost you $500... Bargain..

In Adelaide ( Hackam ) try Allmake gas - I've had 3 units put in by Allan over the years and never had one problem with any of them.. He's really good with gas tunes as well..

Comment

I thought LPG was taboo on the v6 3 litre engines? I have an NJ and it is written in the vehicle handbook that the engines are not suitable for LPG. I have been told it is to do with heat not lubrication. Obviously ULP has no lubrication either.

Comment

Originally posted by pagerow View Post
                I thought LPG was taboo on the v6 3 litre engines? I have an NJ and it is written in the vehicle handbook that the engines are not suitable for LPG. I have been told it is to do with heat not lubrication. Obviously ULP has no lubrication either.
                The heat from LPG ignition is a lot stonger then standard petrol. The standard valves and seals get "burnt" over time (it's hard to say how much time, some people might run on lpg for years and have no problems, some have problem in a few months).

The best thing to do is replace your valves and valve seals with stonger units which will better handle the higher stress that LPG puts on them, though even after performing this you might still have a few running issues.
                UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
                $6500

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X