What fuse to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What fuse to use

Hi all, I have a 1993 NJ and it keeps blowing the fuse that runs the Tail lights/ Number plate lights/ Dash lights. It has a 10amp (Red) fuse in it and I can't find anywhere in the book that tells me what size it should be. If it is suppose to be the 10amp then I know I have a problem, It doesnt blow it straight away, usally after about 2 min.....

Any ideas would be greatly appeciated.

Cheers............

Phil.............
    1993 NJ LWB 3.0ltr Manual. Maxxis BigHorns 32x11.5x15. UHF. Roof rack. Spotties. Home made rear shelf.
    Dual Batteries with RedArc and home made battery tray. Home made mud flaps. Winch.

Your illumination lamps and your park/tail lamps are run off the same fuse in your engine compartment relay box. It's to be replaced with a Red 10A fuse.
    If your fuse keeps blowing after a short duration I would be leaning towards a faulty voltage regulator. To check if it's your voltage regulator attach a multi-meter to your battery terminals, rev and hold the engine from 2000 rpm to 4000 rpm. The voltage registered should be constant at around 13.8V (without any electrical load). or at night does your interior lights flare with the engine speed?
    if not your voltage regulator it's possible you have an electrical leak on that circuit
    UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
    $6500

Comment

fixed

Problem was a short under the console, wiring was wraped around the gear stick and every time you change from 1st to 2nd it shorted out, auto electrician found and fixed $165..........I would never have found it I think......
      Thanks for your input..............
      1993 NJ LWB 3.0ltr Manual. Maxxis BigHorns 32x11.5x15. UHF. Roof rack. Spotties. Home made rear shelf.
      Dual Batteries with RedArc and home made battery tray. Home made mud flaps. Winch.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X