Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a Gas

Hi again.

I have justed fitted gas to the pajero.... injected gas!!!........ who has this system fitted.

It's for a 3.5l petrol... well the drive home was good... you can't tell when it switches from petrol to gas and the power differance... can't tell.

Going to have a go on the beach and see if i can tell then... other than that.. tomorrow i will fill the gas tank.. drive to perth and back and then fill again and see what i'm getting per km's

Only problem is they damaged the car passenger door a bit, which they will will repair after a quote or 2.

Very much looking forward to lower running costs

Ray

you lucky bugger! do you mind telling us a price mate, also what model, i've a 97 nk that drinks like a mad irishmen!

Comment

Cost $4150.00, less the $3000.00 from the government grants... gotta shop around as some of the fitting place's are charging like they are planning on long holiday's

Ray

Comment

My 99 Paj is also on gas, no injected though. It runs a little less efficiently, has less get up and go, but all the same I dont freak out at the bowzer.
        It costs me about $60 a fortnight to run and I do about 500k's in thayt time.
        Ive towed my van with no drama's, actually I dont notice the sluggishness when towing coz I drive like an old man then, even wear a hat
        I would never go back to petrol, I couldnt afford to

All the best all
        Goody
        04 NP Exceed
        3.8 V6
        My 2nd car and boat tow vehicle
        I love her

Comment

me! I fill my 92 lt tank about every 10 days, 120$ a pop and lucky to get 650km, no wonder i cant afford any mods, can barely afford bloody fuel!

Comment

Originally posted by cutting it View Post
            Cost $4150.00, less the $3000.00 from the government grants... gotta shop around as some of the fitting place's are charging like they are planning on long holiday's

Ray
            Hi Ray how did you get $3000.00 grant i thought it was $2000.00, are the government hiding something from us again
            NP 03 Exceed. 3.5l petrol. Injected LPG. 2in lift, Poly air at rear, custom rear storage, 10 wheeels, 5 tyres looking for some new tyres,

Comment

IN WA.. the goverment also gives out $1000.00 for the conversion, you have to take the car over the pits to get it though, unlike the fed rebate.

Great eh

I'll let you all know the km's expected from a "injected gas system" in time.

Ray

Comment

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if you could tell me where your gas tank was fitted? I would like to fit gas but want to increase the distance I can travel by adding a tank rather than replacing the standard tank which seems to be the norm. Is it possible to add a tank without putting it in the boot or replacing the standard?

Thanks,

Tim.

Comment

If you want to keep the main tank.. they can put the gas tank where the 3rd row seats are.. you loose the seats though!!

Ray

Comment

My tank is behind the back seats of an NL. I have the tank boxed in and then home made draws have been fitted. You do lose space, no doubt but my range on petrol/gas is probably over 1000k's. I tow a van so space is not too important, however economy rules.
                    If you want pics of my set up give me an email address and I'll organise it.
                    All the best
                    Goody
                    04 NP Exceed
                    3.8 V6
                    I love her

Comment

just had a quote for gas conversion on my 2000 model NL.

Also asked about the tank, it appears that this company Torquegas (Im in Qld) will put the gas tank in the place of the original fuel tank and then rip the main tank apart and modify/cut it down in size to fit under the vehicle under the front passenger side. About 50 liters in size from the original 90.

Wanted $3900 less the $2000 from the feds. Unfortuneatly with the weekly milage i do ( I get about 2.5 weeks to the tank) and the apparent substantial extra increase in gas in the near future, (increase in federal excise i believe), I cant make the cost of conversion stack up to any substantial saving

Comment

LPG will go up in price, no doubt, but petrol will rise even more. $2 a litre is not out of the question.
                        Petrol seems cheap right now, that because the Aussie Dollar is near .90c. If it were at what it is probably worth say .75 then petrol will be about $1.30 a litre. Do your sums in real terms TWC and you will get your money back in the first 12 months, or dont get your petrol tank cut down and increase your range.
                        04 NP Exceed
                        3.8 V6
                        I love her

Comment

The equasion on why should i or you do it goes like this:

1. How long am i keeping the car
                          2. How many km's i do
                          3. How much do i really want to save
                          4. I care about the enviroment
                          5. I don't really give a toss, since i earn too much money to worry about fuel.
                          6. No 4 don't count

I know i'm in the 1-3 league

Ray
                          Last edited by cutting it; 11-10-07, 04:19 PM. Reason: adding words

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X