Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6g72 Lpg

Hi.

Does anybody know the difference between the 6G72 in the MK triton, compared to the 6G72 in the NH Pajero.

From what ive seen the triton is LPG Compatible.
    I Dont think it would be that hard to drop the 6G72 from the triton into the pajero..

Anybody? any Info? or comments..

Jimako
    2013 MY13 VRX

Hi Jimako,

The Triton compared to the NH Pajero for the 6G72 is that the Heads are different.

The Tritons Heads are a 24 valve and the NH Pajero 6G72 is a 12V

The 6G72 12V Heads were not LPG Compatible back then as Exhaust valves and valve seat materials were not intended to tolerate the higher combustion temperature of the LPG sytem.
    NJ Shortie 3ltr
    ARB Bullbar, ARB Front and Rear Air Locca, polyair bag suspension, Airtek snorkel, Dual Battery setup, Exhaust setup, Big Doof Doof Stereo

Comment

Originally posted by MITSIR View Post
      Hi Jimako,

The Triton compared to the NH Pajero for the 6G72 is that the Heads are different.

The Tritons Heads are a 24 valve and the NH Pajero 6G72 is a 12V

The 6G72 12V Heads were not LPG Compatible back then as Exhaust valves and valve seat materials were not intended to tolerate the higher combustion temperature of the LPG sytem.
      They also used different pistons. The 12 v were flat and the 24 valve were concave .
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Thanks Guys,
        I assume the heads are not interchangable, but any ideas as to whats involved to swap the whole engine? will it bolt straight into the pajero, ie same engine mounts?, will it bolt up to the 5 speed gearbox?, wiring harness and computer?

Thanks Again

Jimako
        2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

Physically they are the same motor as the early pajero 6G72 just with 24valve heads on them and different pistons. So theoretically the heads are interchangeable and a 24 valve 6g72 should bolt straight into a early Pajero. Though you would have to change the ecu to suit as well.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Thanks Dave,
            I remember reading somewhere that the heads are not interchangeable, maybee it was wrong?.

Are the heads Twin cam or Single.

I Think ill be looking at the option of changing the complete motor after i find a cheap one at the wreckairs, ill do a rebuild, change bearings, rings etc.
            Then ill be looking at installing LPG, Hopefully this will give me many more Ks and economy. and i think ill be getting a little more power..

Thanks.
            Jimako
            2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

Sohc

Comment

Thanks 6G74..

Would anyone know the difference between the 6G72 in the Triton and 6G72 in the Challenger..

I Looked it up on the reedbook, it says..

1998 MITSUBISHI CHALLENGER
                Engine Configuration V90
                Engine Number 6G72AA-####
                Engine Code 6G72
                Fuel Consumption Urban 13.5L/100km
                Power 136kW @ 5500rpm
                Torque 265Nm @ 4500rpm-4500rpm

1998 MITSUBISHI TRITON
                Engine Configuration V60
                Engine Number 6G72-A#####
                Engine Code 6G72
                Fuel Consumption Urban 13.5L/100km
                Power 133kW @ 5250rpm
                Torque 255Nm @ 4500rpm-4500rpm

The main thing im interested in is the V60 and V90, whats the difference.
                And there is a minor power and tourque difference.

what would be more suitable for the pajero..

Thanks.
                Jimako
                2013 MY13 VRX

Comment

That refers to the angle of the 'v' of the engine, i think youll find its a misprint and they are both v60

Comment

Originally posted by jimako View Post
                    Hi.

Does anybody know the difference between the 6G72 in the MK triton, compared to the 6G72 in the NH Pajero.

From what ive seen the triton is LPG Compatible.
                    I Dont think it would be that hard to drop the 6G72 from the triton into the pajero..

Anybody? any Info? or comments..

Jimako
                    The key to the question that was asked is that they are both 6g72 engines and yes they are the same as the 6g72 pajero in 12 valve form, Later tritons were given 24 valve enginge as yes they are the same engines as in the TE magna onwards ..LPG HEADS will have LPG stamped on the small end if it applicable...
                    HUGHY69
                    GLS MQ Triton 2016 5 Speed Auto , Canopy , Nudge Bar ,UHF , LED Spoties.

Comment

Sorry to dredge up this old thread; I've been using the search facility ... very impressive.
                      1. So if the MK Triton onwards, Challenger and TE Magna 6G72 are similar and will fit the NJ (I have the 3 litre auto) will the triton transmission (auto) and transfer case from the triton/challenger also fit? If so, how difficult is it?

2. Also the NJ had the 3.0 and 3.5 and 2.8TD, does this mean I could transplant a 3.5 or 2.8TD engine and trannie in to my NJ?
                      Last edited by NJ94; 10-10-09, 10:26 PM. Reason: Grammar
                      "We have two lives, and the second begins when we realise we have only one." Confucius (551-479 B.C.)

MN Triton GLX Plus, dual batteries, ARB winchbar, Airtec snorkel and 3T towbar. Love it!!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X