Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3L and LPG

Hi all,
    new to the forums and to Pajero's. Just got myself a 94 GLS with a 3L motor and was reading the manual. It says LPG is a no-no, does anyone know why this is so. Is it just the head would need new stems and seats or some other reasons behind it.
    ---------------
    Cheers
    Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Hi Wayne

Others may correct me if I am wrong but I do believe it is to do with the valves and the valve seats being of inferior quality to stand the increases in temperature due to LPG. The heads that were certified as OK for LPG were the 24 valve SOHC ones which only came out on the NK model (3.0 L version was made totally obselete after that). Not sure but you may be able to source a set of heads from a suitable Magna or Triton.

Raurrie

Comment

Yep the 3ltr 12 valve in the Pajeros are not rally suitable for LPG. The flashlube kit might help it along for a few more k's. From the NK (3.5) on are suitable and all 24 valve 3ltrs are suitable for conversion to gas.
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Thanks Raurrie & Dave, damn, head was just done on this car last week before I bought it . I guess it'll have to wait a while now but I take it from what your saying is that I may be able to fit a 24 valve head and then it'll be ok for LPG ?
        ---------------
        Cheers
        Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Comment

Originally posted by Mitcon View Post
          . I guess it'll have to wait a while now but I take it from what your saying is that I may be able to fit a 24 valve head and then it'll be ok for LPG ?
          That might be more trouble than what it's worth as you would probably have to change the ECU as well. Maybe if they had the heads off they did the valves as well.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Might give the dealer a call and find out what was done to the head.
            ---------------
            Cheers
            Wayne

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X