Gas fitted with valve saver bottle??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gas fitted with valve saver bottle??

Hi all, I have been reading for a while whilst shopping for my 1st Pajero and I may have found it.
    2000 model NL escape, anyhow it has the 3.5lt engine and next to the gas converter there is a bottle of (valve saver) fitted to the lines.
    Can anyone tell me if that's good or not and more importantly what to do or fill it with??
    I am new to the wonders of 4x4's so please forgive my lack of knowledge
    Cheers
    Mike
    99 NL Escape, ARB bar BIG wishlist-LITTLE budget grrrr

Hi Mik,
    I have a NH 3 litre V6 on gas - I had the head / valves done for gas. The gas people who installed the gas also recommended a valve saver unit, My mechanic said instead of using the expensive valve saver fluid to use ordinary transmission oil - a lot cheaper, which I have been using for the last 3 years and touch wood - haven't had any problems.

Cheers Sunny

Comment

Paj on gas.

Hi guys, I have a 93 3.0 lt. Pajero and have been wondering re fitting gas to it. I hear it is not recommended can you help me out with this as I have seen a number of 3.0lt Pajeros on the road with LPG. Im a bit confused and cant seem to find any info on it. Any idea re the cost of same. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny View Post
        Hi Mik,
        I have a NH 3 litre V6 on gas - I had the head / valves done for gas. The gas people who installed the gas also recommended a valve saver unit, My mechanic said instead of using the expensive valve saver fluid to use ordinary transmission oil - a lot cheaper, which I have been using for the last 3 years and touch wood - haven't had any problems.

Cheers Sunny
        Thanks for the reply sunny, will keep that in mind
        99 NL Escape, ARB bar BIG wishlist-LITTLE budget grrrr

Comment

Mike,
          I can also say that a guy I know who does LPG installs said auto trans fluid was just as good to use but cheaper.

Binnsy,
          I also really wanted to fit LPG to my 94 V6 3 litre and was quoted around $3,200 - $3,500. That wasn't including any head work, just the LPG install. But when they install LPG they pull out your current petrol tank to fit the gas cylinder, then they fit a smaller aux petrol tank. Least thats the story I was told.

I gave up on LPG for the Pajero as it seems everyone thinks it's too costly to set-up and is best if you change motors to one of the 24 valve Triton motors.
          ---------------
          Cheers
          Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Comment

Originally posted by binnsy View Post
            Hi guys, I have a 93 3.0 lt. Pajero and have been wondering re fitting gas to it. I hear it is not recommended can you help me out with this as I have seen a number of 3.0lt Pajeros on the road with LPG. Im a bit confused and cant seem to find any info on it. Any idea re the cost of same. Thanks.

Theory says no, mitsy dont reccommend it, you could take your chances, but its near garranteed that you would have the heads off relitively soon, im assuming it most likely has highish k's already - how lucky do you feel?

Comment

Putting a 3lt mits on gas is fine as long as you use "flash lube" (or valve saver/trans fluid etc)... or you can get the heads/valves done and then have to use none of the valve savers........
              I have a 3.5lt NL pajero, have not fitted any of this because .. going by the mits web site, NL are suited to gas.

I have the injected gas type.. starts on petrol,, swaps to gas itself once the computer sees that all operating parameters are right... like it as it's all computer controlled (can go manual if i wish).... 370kms and (58lt) $22 to fill...love the stuff.

Only problem to going gas as i see it is if i went really remote... i would have to carry jerry cans to see me through.

Ray

Ray

Comment

Ray, did you lose half your petrol tank capacity when you switched to gas? I kept mine as is and lost a bit of space in the back, but my range with both gas and petrol would be over 1000k, a little less when towing my van.
                God bless GAS

Goody
                04 NP Exceed
                3.8 V6
                My 2nd car and boat tow vehicle
                I love her

Comment

Yes, they fitted a 52lt long range tank and the main fuel tank came out.. Gas tank is there now.. didn't want it in the back myself.

One other thing i would say though is.. with the amount of gap between the railing left i should of asked for a bigger gas tank.... that means... not a bigger round tank.. a longer one of the same circumfrance so i don't have it hanging any lower.... that would have given me about 82lt roughly instead.

Ray

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X