16" Alloys onto NL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16" Alloys onto NL

Does anyone know if the 16" Alloy wheels off a 2002 model GLS will fit on a 1997 NL GLX with flares.
    Is the offset ok?
    Have seen some on ebay...thinking they might be a good option
    Currently running 15x 7 with 31" BFG.
    Want to fit bigger 16" tyres......
    97 NL GLX - 2"OME Suspension, Airbags, ARB Bullbar- X9 Winch, Long Range Tank, Piranha Dual Battery System, UHF, Flares, ARB Compressor - air tank, BFG 265 75 R16 A/T, Draw system, Engel Fridge, Roof top tent - many more mods to come.......

15" tyres are generally cheaper than 16's and you can get the big tyres still. Also, a set of 31x10.5r16's is no bigger than a set of 31x10.5r15's so if you wanted bigger tyres i'd suggest getting some 33 x 12.5 R15's maybe? or some 32x11.5 R15's.
    1989 NG Turbo Diesel, ARB Bullbar, IPF 900XS Lights, 31" Cooper S/T or 33" Simex Centipedes , 2" lift front and 3" back

Comment

Yep I know - had 305 70 16 and 285 75 16 on my 80 Series Cruiser.
      And still got the 305's BFG Muddies in the shed
      Not cheap
      But with the current 15 x 7 rims on the Paj - I don't want to put any bigger than 31"on them. To go up to 33" I will need 8 " rims. Thinking the 16" Alloys will take the 33" tyres
      97 NL GLX - 2"OME Suspension, Airbags, ARB Bullbar- X9 Winch, Long Range Tank, Piranha Dual Battery System, UHF, Flares, ARB Compressor - air tank, BFG 265 75 R16 A/T, Draw system, Engel Fridge, Roof top tent - many more mods to come.......

Comment

2002 pajero rims won't fit a NL.. different type of wheel / vechile altogether.

Ray

Comment

Thanks Ray - They are 6 stud - Is stud Pattern Different?
          Last edited by Shayne; 19-10-07, 06:31 PM.

Comment

Offset is different, centre wheel hub is different..... you can get 16" for the NL though, from the NL with the wide guards and other mits models.. also other makes of cars that have 16" can fit.

Talk to a wheel dealer that knows there rims.. they'll let you know what you can do

Ray

Comment

Thank you again Ray
              I will look for some GLX rims or something similar from a Toyo
              Thanks heaps

Comment

Originally posted by Shayne View Post
                Thank you again Ray
                I will look for some GLX rims or something similar from a Toyo
                Thanks heaps
                Toyo offset isn't well suited to a Pajero either - increases the track significantly (which some people like) but places additional stress on steering and front suspension components (and there's the whole "roadworthy" argument.)

Nissan offset rims are completely legal - presuming you stick within your guards, which is as much a tyre issue as anything.

Personally, I suggest some 16x7" Pajero alloys with 265/75-16 tyres - 32" OD with no problems.
                NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Thank you - appriciate the info from everyone -that sounds like a good plan - The 16 x 7 Alloys ..........With the 265's. will go this way

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X