Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Options on lift for NJ ?

Hi all,

What are the options on lifting my 94 LWB and whats involved ? Also does anyone know how much lift is ok by law ? There doesn't look to be alot of clearence underneath. I'm guessing to take advantage of a lift I'd also need a lager tyre ?
    ---------------
    Cheers
    Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Change the wheel/tyre size and you get extra air under your diff/ front cross member (great to very great) - just do a body lift (PITA) and you avoid more dents to the sills etc but still get stuck by the running gear (hmmm).

there is a lot of talk about 2 " lift using higher coils at the rear and cranking the torsion bars - not sooo bad - but it is largely the same thing as a body lift - does nothing for the real off roading capability - but makes a good shopping trolley!

Legally - I dont know what you can get away with in your state.

Ideally go the bigger tyres (diameter), the reduction gears , and fit new higher rear springs and crank/replace the front torsion bars.

The biggest difference I achieved with my Paj (off road wise) was to replace the std GLX (1996) 28" tyres with new rims (MK Triton 16X6") and 235/85 R16tyres (equivalent to 32" dia) .

Now I can follow(lead?) Nissan's and Tojo's running the larger tyres (diff clearance).

Good luck with your quest!
    Lambie
    NJ 1996 ITD GLX (poverty pack) with a couple of extras, ARB bar, dual batteries plus redarc, Glind shower, some roo spotties, running 235 85 R16 AT's for the road and MT's for the tracks, tweeked torsion bars, Free wheeling front hubs, Poly airs and prodegy electric brakes for the camper, GME radio thingy, Long range tank, cargo barrier, have I really spent all this on my bus??

Comment

Well putting larger tyres on was what I had in mind when this set need replacing. But I was under the impression that I needed to get a lift to be able to fit the bigger rubber ? Asked around a couple of places the other day, $1,200 seems alot to me for 2"'s worth of lift. The car has 31" Desert Duellers on it ATM.

My only other concern is how much would lifting it affect on-road handling ? MY Pajero does 90% on-road and 10% off-road (though it's a pretty rough and rocky stuff when it's off road). Doesn't see much mud as I hate cleaning things lol.
      ---------------
      Cheers
      Wayne

1994 Pajero NJ LWB GLS 3L V6/TJM Bullbar/SCA Spotties/DVD/Rear Camera/Tint & more to come

Comment

MY NJ had 31" before a lift and had no probs. Just make sure you have flares (some don't) orthe tyres will stick out from the side of the body work.

Scol.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X