How hot is too hot for the pajero?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How hot is too hot for the pajero?

I asked this in passing somewhere else on the forum but have really been thinking on it recently so I though I'd post it up.

when is it too hot for the paj?
    what temperature can the pajero (NH - NL) be driven in before the cooling system stops working effectively?
    I ask this because I'm taking it to the simpson desert at the end on the year and thought that with the A/C on and the ambient temperature up to around 50 some days, she may stuggle to keep things cool.

I recently put in a new radiator, new thermostat and engine fan (old one was cracked and missing fins )

will I make it without overheating?
    Last edited by bounceferret; 22-10-07, 09:34 PM.
    UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
    $6500

Maybe install a second thermo fan with incab switch if it starts to get really hot..
    Steele Perkins (#1263)
    NP Pajero with added goodness..

Comment

I've towed a teabag CT in W.A. with aircon on (outside temp 40 in the shade) ... temp gauge stayed well within limits but then again I was only driving for 2-3 hrs at a time. Make sure all hoses have been checked ... we found one or two of ours burst under pressure so had the lot changed ... cost around $300 but was money well spent.

Scol.

Comment

Agree with the hose replacement recommendation, and as long as the cooling system is in sound condition, which you stated it is, then you should have no problems, perhaps renewing the cap would be the final link in the chain, which you did not state.
        Is the radiator a 3 or 4 core? $ core are renowned for better cooling efficiency.

Comment

Cap was also replaced, and the radiator is a 4 core i believe. I paid extra for a better one when the engine was being rebuilt
          UPGRADING FROM THE NH TO AN NP EXCEED

anyone want an NH? - 2" suspension lift, King springs, Rancho RS 5000 Shocks, 27.5mm Rockcrawler Torsion Bars, 265/70 R 16" BF Goodridge All-Terrains, CIBIE Super Oscar 100 watt, UNIDEN UHF / scanner, Dual Battery, 140L Longrange fuel tank
          $6500

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X