Pajero Door Check Strap Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pajero Door Check Strap Problem

I have a 2002 Pajero and have noticed that metal around check straps, on door side, is cracking. When door fully open, door skin flexes and has cause cracks(on all 4 doors) . Interested to hear if other Pajero owners have similar experience.
    Attached Files

no sign of cracking in any of the doors of my '02. Maybe caused by people (kids?) frequently letting the doors swing hard against the stays - I hadn't heard of the problem before.

Gaz
    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

Yep same as you Shauno! front left cracked in the same place, (blamed on the kids) but mabe just bad engineering on mitsi behalf.

Comment

Shauno, I am interested In what you are going to do with your doors, and have you checked with Mitsi if there has been a problem with any other pajero,s. (not that they would probably tell you)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X