NM with injected LPG - going good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NM with injected LPG - going good

I got some advice through the site prior to fitting the LPG and was recommended to fit the lpg injected system to my 3.5litre NM pajero. I had this done in Adelaide in August. The converters seem busy and waiting periods were a around one month to fit with one guy quoting 3 months. The system fitted was an IMPCO injected system. It is now costing me around $33 to fill up the tank (lpg at 52c/litre). The tank is 68 litres usable and gives me a range of about 350km (I believe I was getting about 500km range on the petrol tank). With both tanks full I guess my range would be boosted to around 850km. I'm not sure on the power effects, but feel there is a very minor effect on top end power (in a pedal to the metal situation). The positive here is that it seems to run smoother on the lpg than the petrol. The conversion cost $4000 (but the price was going up to $4200), with a $2000 rebate being sent from the govt. I found out later if I had got the conversion done in WA that there was a further WA state govt rebate on top of the federal govt rebate.
    I have to say that to date, I have been pretty happy with the result of the lpg conversion.
    2009 NT Diesel Pajero.

good to hear , is those economy figures highway or city ? i to have a nm with injected but it is a akme system . i am getting those figures around town maybe slightly better but not much and when on highway it drops down to 17 ltr per 100klm . i actualy have more power on gas as i have a unichip installed that when it switches to gas the timing is advanced .

Comment

figures are for city driving.
      2009 NT Diesel Pajero.

Comment

I have a LO-Gas injection system fitted to my NL pajero... getting about 16lt.. or 370km for 58lt gas used... and i think it runs better on gas to... Feel the power is about the same as mentioned.

Being in Wait Awhile.. got the extra $1000 rebate.. so happy as.. gas was on special when i filled it at 58Lt.. $22

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X