Noise on the left rockers after timing belt change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Noise on the left rockers after timing belt change

Hi guys. I've just replaced the water pump timing belt, pulleys, tensioner, drive belt and radiator.

But as soon as I start the engine there is a noise that coming from the left rockers or valves. Another thing is that took me almost one month to do the job. So the car was not running.

The sound is in the video below
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/dwhb1z96okzLsFx86

It is a pajero nm 2002 petrol

Comment

Replacing the water pump and timing belt should not cause any unusual noises from the valve gear - they are totally separate. The noise sounds 'normal' to me. The ticking could be a valve lifter which has drained down whilst the engine was idle for a week. Drive the car as normal and the noise should go away.

Comment

Originally posted by erad View Post
        Replacing the water pump and timing belt should not cause any unusual noises from the valve gear - they are totally separate. The noise sounds 'normal' to me. The ticking could be a valve lifter which has drained down whilst the engine was idle for a week. Drive the car as normal and the noise should go away.
        Could this noise be due a jumped tooth? The scape sounds normal. And I kind of can fell the knock when I touch the rockers cover

Comment

Originally posted by erad View Post
          Thanks mate. You were right. It was the valve lifter. Was gone when I started up the engine.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X