The dash light blues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The dash light blues

G'day. Folks, I got a 2006 NP Dakar edition V6. I haven't owed this car for long and the owner said engine light would intermittently come on, which it did with the on/off traction control lights, 3 in total.
    Next day there gone. He must of had it diagnosed and they came up with a faulty oxygen sensor
    Now the plot thickens, just recently I turn ignition on and no engine light comes on and diff lock light flashes by itself.
    The motor then only cranks over ,won't start. I disconnect the battery for a few hours then try it. The engine light returns and starts and runs ok. In a hour all so, go to start, no engine light, no start. The engine light sometimes flickers with a static sound, trying to stay on.
    Is the ECU at fault with the engine light missing. I don't see flashing neutral light. Thanks
    Last edited by Yobbo71; 14-11-20, 10:21 AM.

Originally posted by Yobbo71 View Post
    G'day. Folks, I got a 2006 NP Dakar edition V6. I haven't owed this car for long and the owner said engine light would intermittently come on, which it did with the on/off traction control lights, 3 in total.
    Next day there gone. He must of had it diagnosed and they came up with a faulty oxygen sensor
    Now the plot thickens, just recently I turn ignition on and no engine light comes on and diff lock light flashes by itself.
    The motor then only cranks over ,won't start. I disconnect the battery for a few hours then try it. The engine light returns and starts and runs ok. In a hour all so, go to start, no engine light, no start. The engine light sometimes flickers with a static sound, trying to stay on.
    Is the ECU at fault with the engine light missing. I don't see flashing neutral light. Thanks
    Hi Yobbo71, welcome to the forum.

This may not be much help, but some of your symptoms could be caused by a dodgy connection to the battery. Have you checked that both +ve & -ve connections are clean & tight?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Thankyou NJ for your idea, yes red cover was hiding pretty ordinary connections.
      After cleaning I noticed a change in that the engine light appeared, stayed on, but started flashing with the traction control lights remaining on.
      The motor is staying on a high idle while engine light blinks.
      Aircon seems to have stopped working. Before no engine light, diff lock light blinking and motor only cranking.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X