NP Cargo Area Question!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP Cargo Area Question!

Hi all, just wondering if anybody can please tell me how much space is behind this panel bulge (figured I would ask here before tearing it apart)? I am guessing it is there to allow for fuel filler?

If I am looking for a spot to install a small sub and this Joe's out at me.

Any help would be great. Thanks all.
    BT

The passenger side has a factory spot for a sub, a search should help you find a few pics.

Comment

Thanks, will give it a go. Never have much success at searches.

Would you happen to know how much space is behind that trim regardless?
      Last edited by BazookaTooth; 15-11-20, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Have a look at this video, surely if there's room for a compressor, a sub will fit.

https://youtu.be/vFvvpNdwnSY
        2016 NX GLS Factory alloy bar, Provent 200 catch can, Boos bash plates (full set), Stedi light bar, 40 litre Waeco, Titan fridge slide, Kings springs, Dunlop ATG3s, Auto-mate, Ultragauge, Uniden 8080s, more to come...

Comment

Originally posted by Two Emms View Post
          Have a look at this video, surely if there's room for a compressor, a sub will fit.

https://youtu.be/vFvvpNdwnSY
          Now THAT is interesting, as I was talking about that giant bulge on the driver's side, which you can see at the start of the video. 🤔

Comment

From what I remember that’s quite a cavity in there - only retained like that for the rear AC in the Exceed model.

The black thing over the wheel arch is a redundant air duct (for the rear AC the GLX and GLS didn’t get at the NP level).

Depending on on the size of your sub it should fit easily.

To to remove the trim you first need to remove the piece that surrounds the windows. Then remove the retaining screws and that panel should lift out. The seat belts need to be unbolted from the body too.

Cheers

Bennie
            2005 NP DiD auto. The family bus. Dual batteries, snorkel, one side step, King Springs lift, Koni shocks, rear airman airbags, Provent catch can, 81L LRA tank (awesome!). Other rides: "Ruby Scoo" my lifted L series Subaru and my "Redback" Targa top Brumby - only mods are 5 poster bullbar and nicer dashboard from a coupe

Comment

Thanks so much Bennie. I have the Exceed, but reckon I will crack it open and investigate further. This is my first Pajero, only had it a fortnight and realise after endless hours on here that there is so much to learn.
              Last edited by BazookaTooth; 16-11-20, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20200711_163338.jpg
Views:	273
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	1067759 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200712_142336.jpg
Views:	240
Size:	113.8 KB
ID:	1067760 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200629_182425.jpg
Views:	250
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	1067761 Click image for larger version

Name:	20200629_182433.jpg
Views:	229
Size:	89.2 KB
ID:	1067762 Not alot of room there with Exceed rear air con, i have 2002 NM and recently installed a light bar as reverse light, as i tinted the rear windows limo 5% which is legal as its registered as a panel van in NSW, just a little diffcult to reverse at night. Please see pics and excuse my unfinished wiring
                I have owned it 1 year today and really enjoyed doing many different little upgrades and jobs on my 1st real 4wd. Wolfbox dash and rear view cam just recently installed

Comment

Holy crap Blu Coastie Pajero, nice work!

Also, you have save me some pain by letting me know exactly what is hiding there.

Such a good little community here.

BT

Comment

Just pulled all these panels out over the weekend to run cables for my reverse camera, which evidently after testing and it worked, ended up not working once I finished hooking everything up (I'm pretty sure I damaged the connector trying to push it through the door grommet) anyway, if you do want to get access to it, you 100% will need to take the top trim off first before you can get to the bottom, and use these trim tools they made the job alot easier too

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ce/282096.html

If you want any other photos let me know as I'm going to have to do it all over again once a new camera rocks up in a few weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by lostproperty View Post
                      Just pulled all these panels out over the weekend to run cables for my reverse camera, which evidently after testing and it worked, ended up not working once I finished hooking everything up (I'm pretty sure I damaged the connector trying to push it through the door grommet) anyway, if you do want to get access to it, you 100% will need to take the top trim off first before you can get to the bottom, and use these trim tools they made the job alot easier too

https://www.supercheapauto.com.au/p/...ce/282096.html

If you want any other photos let me know as I'm going to have to do it all over again once a new camera rocks up in a few weeks.
                      One step ahead. Already got the trim tool kit ready to do some damage (or as little as possible)!

Good luck with your new camera LP.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X