Check engine light with ABS and traction control warning lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check engine light with ABS and traction control warning lights

engine fluctuation in revs and stalling, changed fuse in the engine bay but fault still occurring, anyone else had this problem? 3.8 V6

Which fuse was blown?

Have you tried leaving the battery lead off for a few minutes? (note this will cause the ASC light to stay on until you have driven a few hundred metres). Also clean the inside of the battery clamps & terminals whilst off.

Do the hazard lights work?
    Pajero NX MY16 GLS

Comment

The hazard lights are working, could not find a blown fuse under the bonnet, I have disconnected the battery to reset idle memory.

Comment

OK, So I've checked the fuses under the bonnet, disconnected the battery for 15 minutes, cleaned the terminals, removed and cleaned the throttle body and EGR Valve, unplugged and reconnected most electrical connections, have tried the Idle learn process, could it be something to do with the accelerator pedal position sensor? Help!!!

Comment

Ok you have an engine chekc light on so a code has been logged. Short the diagnosics port and count the flashes to decipher the code. this will hopefully steer you somewhat int he right direction as to what to look at next, if you have a scanner even easier, just read the code.

the link for the short out is here. 3.2 Di-D Diagnostic DIY - without scan tool - Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum (pajeroforum.com.au)

While this does state that it is for a Diesel it should still work for a petrol. The plug is a standard and thus the pins are in the same locations.

Comment

Originally posted by NLpajero View Post
            engine fluctuation in revs and stalling, changed fuse in the engine bay but fault still occurring, anyone else had this problem? 3.8 V6
            Might check this

https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...ight+butterfly

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X