anti lock light on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anti lock light on

Hi there,can anyone tell me what the problem might be. The brake light and the anti lock light are both on and a high pitch noise coming from the dash,have checked the anti lock fuse and it's ok havn't pulled the wheels off yet as it just got home on a tow truck but from what i can see with a torch there seems to be meat on the pads still and plenty of fluid in the bottle.
    NM 2001 exceed ,Gas,bull bar, roof mount dvd

Check the relays, theyre on the drivers side if I remember correctly, around where the brake master cylinder is, gas fitters commonly use this area for their install and just leave the relays hanging (usually upside down) and they fill with water and die. Worth a shot.

Cheers

Marc
    05 NP GLX 3.8 Auto. 2" Lovell/Bilstein Lift, ARB Deluxe Winch Bar, Granke mk3 12,000lbs winch, Uniden UH015sx, HID spotties, Roof mounted light bar, Work lights, Upgraded stereo, Tinting, 2.5t tow, dual battery setup (homemade), Radar Renegade tyres, wired up dummy lights, Bushskinz Sump/Intercooler plates, home-made diff breathers (front and back) and a cheap ebay snorkel.

To-do:
    brake upgrade, oil seals (again!!)

Comment

more info needed. is the noise present only when the car is running, or only when moving or only when braking?

Is it a Vac leak type noise?

Comment

Thanks marc and pete, just after i posted this i found another thread and yep marc your right there was the relay hanging upside down so the mechanic will be getting a call in the morning as it just cost $180 to get the car home on a tray truck
        NM 2001 exceed ,Gas,bull bar, roof mount dvd

Comment

My abs light came on a few weeks ago after leaving a shopping centre carpark and when i pulled up i could hear a whirring noise. After inspecting i found out it was the abs motor under the bonnet I pulled the fuse to stop the motor running. When i got home i fiddled with the fuses and relays. nothing stoped the sound so i tapped the motor of the abs with a timber handle of a hammer and the noise stopped. Has worked fine ever since
          1991 NH GLS LWB 3.0 V6

Comment

Originally posted by Green turtle View Post
            My abs light came on a few weeks ago after leaving a shopping centre carpark and when i pulled up i could hear a whirring noise. After inspecting i found out it was the abs motor under the bonnet I pulled the fuse to stop the motor running. When i got home i fiddled with the fuses and relays. nothing stoped the sound so i tapped the motor of the abs with a timber handle of a hammer and the noise stopped. Has worked fine ever since
            Not a good idea to pull that fuse. After about 20 more brake applications the brakes will stop working.. The motor is the hydraulic accumulator motor for the power assist.
            Cheers, John.
            LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
            Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X