Front flares on NM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Front flares on NM

Does anyone else have problems with the flares behind the front wheels. Seems I've caught these on a few rocks/steps these past few outings. I noticed MMA abandoned these on the NP and NS models.

Has anyone done anything about them?

Mike

2" lift helps...

Never hooked up the flares, but have ripped the bottom plastic off the rear bumper before I fitted a heavy duty towbar there as a sort of "drag bar". I have side steps, so I'm pretty careful about wheel placement - I don't want to hit them on ramp-over obstructions, so that's probably contributed to me never driving over anything that would hit the flares.

Went through the same creek crossing on Tuesday where I had previously ripped the rear bumper (without the lift) - now with the lift it just crawled through and out without touching. Looks tame on film but the departure angle is a bit nuts.
    Ben

Comment

I've had some damage.
      A packet of body washers helps a lot. The bigger diameter speads the load and stops the screw ripping through. Have considered cutting the flares off and building some sort of slider but its a lot of effort to make it all look "right"

Like BGiddins - lost the rear bar - after the lights popped out a few times. A hacksaw to trim the plastic back, 2.6mm steel and a folding machine fixed that right up!
      Cheers, Mitishi.
      NM 2001 GLS Petrol.

Comment

Yeah I killed them again over the weekend. I'll see what the wreckers want for them and I might cut the flare off at the sill.

I'll have to get the lift sorted out soon...

Comment

You may want to check out this link.
          http://www.motorcare.com.au/Demosale.htm

They did cut the flares off.

With the body washers and a lift - it doesnt seem to be a problem.
          Cheers, Mitishi.
          NM 2001 GLS Petrol.

Comment

I might ask them about how they did it.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X