NGK O2 sensor with connectors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGK O2 sensor with connectors

Found on the NGK website that they do an aftermarket O2 sensor for the 6G74 motor (3.5L V6 NL, NM) with connectors (so no soldering eBay jobbies) - the part number is OZA116-M5. Rumoured price of about $110 according to a Magna forum posting I saw on Google. Just hit 100,000km so going to try one in a few weeks and see if it improves my economy which has been slipping lately - highway cycle is now around 15L/100km whereas it used to be about 13L/100km.
    Ben

Ben

How often are you meant to change your O2 sensor as my 2002 NM has approx 140k on the odometer and my fuel economy has started creeping up in the last six months?

Comment

Powie

I changed mine at just under 100k, not sure whether it affected the consumption but the Paj seemed to run smoother with the new one.

Gaz
      2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

Gaz

Did you do this yourself? If you did is it a straight forward operation?

Powie

Comment

yes it was pretty simple. I bought my sensor off eBay at this place:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Engine-Sensors-and-Systems

They publish a 'how to' document on their website.

Gaz

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

I have been checking into this issue as my NM now has 220k on the dial. My local autosparks regularly services O2 sensors and apparantly the drum is to remove the oxidation that occurs by soaking in an acidic solution such as thiners, petrol, coke etc. The theory I understand, the practice.... well ?
            Cheers, Mitishi.
            NM 2001 GLS Petrol.

Comment

The other one I have heard is to burn them off with an oxy.

Pat
              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

I'm wondering what sort of tool is required ? ie socket or something special
                Cheers, Mitishi.
                NM 2001 GLS Petrol.

Comment

Originally posted by Mitishi View Post
                  I'm wondering what sort of tool is required ? ie socket or something special
                  Mitsi part number MD998770. Basically a deep socket with a slot cut in the side to cater for the wires.
                  Cheers, John.
                  LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                  Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
                    yes it was pretty simple. I bought my sensor off eBay at this place:

http://stores.ebay.com.au/Engine-Sensors-and-Systems

They publish a 'how to' document on their website.

Gaz
                    Gaz,

Did you need the Mitsi tool (P/N MD998770) as mrbitchi suggests?

Comment

No, I just used normal hand tools - it's a while ago now so I can't remember what, but probably a socket or ring spanner. It involved removing the wires, from memory. I put in an aftermarket ebay one, so had to do some soldering.

The sensor itself wasn't all that tight - no brute force from memory.

Gaz

Comment

Hi bhiggins can you post where we can buy this O2 sensor,I am interested of replacing mine ,I've noticed mine that fuel consumption is creeping up lately,150,000kms done so far.
                        thanks
                        Ceasar
                        NM 2000 Petrol 3.5 GLS.Safari Snorkel,Dual Battery with Sidewinder Isolator,K&N Air Filter,Kenwood 860G UHF radio,Wildcat extractor,2 Inch Tough Dog Suspension lift,81 Litre Auxiliary Tank,60 Litre Waeco fridge/freezer,Built in TV,7 inch monitor with integrated GPS iGo, Bluetooth DVD, radio, reverse camera, Light force 240 Blitz Driving Lights, BFG 275x70x16 All Terrain tyres.Piranha Battery monitor,Rhino Awning.

Comment

I found it on eBay - there's none listed at the moment though for post 2000 Pajeros. Check with the guy selling the pre 2000 Pajero sensors on ebay.com.au - think it was the same guy and he got one on request for me.
                          Ben

Comment

I received my O2 sensor a couple of weeks ago. Didn't come with a plug so had to solder it into the existing line. The wiring colours were the same. Car seems to run a little smoother and maybe a little better in the economy. I used evoscan to check the out puts. The old one was sluggish when going from rich to lean but this one is heaps quicker.

John
                            Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

That's interesting John as I've had the opposite experience. I installed mine and my fuel consumption has increased, now to 17 ltr/100 from 15 ltr/100...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X