90k Service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90k Service

How much are you being charged for a 90k service for NP Did. Mine is almost due and I am sick of being quoted rough figures by Tynans only to turn up to find a few a few extra hundreds added on?
    Last edited by Aframe1967; 12-11-07, 08:08 AM.

I was quoted around $1200 for mine.

Comment

Mitsi.. quoted about $1200.. had one place quote up to $1600 ?, in the end got mine done for $850... but they didn't do a few things a dealer would have done.. so thats were i saved the money.. did it myself instead

Ray

Comment

I have been quoted $850 by Tynans Sutherland & $630 by Paul Wakeling at Campbelltown. They both say that includes everything.

Anyone had any experience with Paul Wakeling, good, bad or otherwise?

I have been getting my car serviced by Tynans, which while I am happy with the service, I have not been happy with the pricing. Any thoughts?

Cheers

Comment

I was quoted $720 for my 45k service at mitsubishi dealer. My local mechanic advised me to buy the materials myself (same oils, filters etc that mitsubishi use but much cheaper) he then only charged me for labour which was again cheaper that the big dealers. They charge between $110-120 per hr.

At the end I had a by the book service for less money. I can't argue with that.

Comment

Originally posted by chook View Post
            I was quoted $720 for my 45k service at mitsubishi dealer. My local mechanic advised me to buy the materials myself (same oils, filters etc that mitsubishi use but much cheaper) he then only charged me for labour which was again cheaper that the big dealers. They charge between $110-120 per hr.

At the end I had a by the book service for less money. I can't argue with that.
            My 45k service cost me $450 and was a good price. What I'd like to know is what you get for your $1000 for the 90k service. OK, some belts need replacing but the timing chain is exactly that - a chain and should last close to the life of the vehicle. Why even consider replacing it?

When you get a quote ask for details before you book in. I'd be interested to see what work you are quoted for and I'd imagine so would a number of people on this forum. If you read your service manual the 90k service doesn't do too much more than the 45k one.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X