Speakers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speakers

Just wandering if any one has replaced their speakers in thier NP? If so what size is standard and what did you replace them with? Anyone know the specs of the Mitsubishi cd player? Have googled the player but no luck
    Thanks
    Pathy
    1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

6.5" in the doors and you can add a set of tweeters to the pods near the mirrors easily. If you hunt throught he archives of the electrical section I did a write up with pics.

Cheers - Pat.
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

thanks Pat. Did the new speakers make a big difference? Could you hear the difference with the tweeters?
      And does anyone know the specs on the head unit.
      Last edited by Pathy; 13-11-07, 09:15 PM.
      1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

The stock front speakers are 15W. Pretty weak really. I bought 6.5" Jaycar Kevlar splits but will need to make up an adaptor plate to mount the midbass. I have one Xover installed and 1 tweeter in place and already there is a noticible difference. I should have followed Pat and bought the JBL ones because they are a direct screw in and are good quality and comparable in price. I have not pulled my H/U out yet to check the output.
        Current ride. EP91 Starlet Auto
        Missus car: 2005 Platinum DiD Auto, H/R Towbar, Rhino Sportz Aero Bars, Redarc Isolator, Elec Brake Controller. 2" Lift and LT Tyres.

Comment

I am planning to upgrade my speakers too - thinking about Polk Audio MMC6500 components. I'm just need to check the size of the tweeter pods and see if they will fit.

I also need to measure the bolt pattern of the stock mid-bass drivers in the doors. Has anyone measured the bolt pattern to check what brands will fit?

I think running the speakers off an amp will probably make a big difference as well - most head units only really put out a few watts (RMS) - say 10 or so.

Comment

I dont have specs - I would suggest that the factory head units are ok but nothing to write home about. I noticed a fair difference in quality when simply swapping it out for a mid spec pioneer unit. Re the speakers, even simply adding the tweeters to the pods makes a noticeable difference to clarity and staging. Changing the door speakers an even bigger one. They are a funny mount and the JBL GT series were one of the few I found that would bolt right up. I think the Jaycar Response splits may be similar.

This was the original tutorial thread.
            Last edited by psproule; 15-11-07, 05:47 AM.
            2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
            2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

I got some 6 x 9s (Alpine) in the rear doors. The standard Speakers are mounted on a REALLY BIG plate which when removed, leaves a hole which will accomodate the 6 x 9s. I made up a mounting plate from MDF (which I shellac'd to keep it from getting water damaged) and mounted the speakers at an angle. Amazingly the midrange and tweeter line up really well with the holes in the trim and the extra thump is sweet too. I have Focal 2 way splits in the front, again with a 6mm (I think) MDF shim. The tweeters fitted in the same hole as the standard (Exceed) tweeters.

Cheers

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
                Thanks for that good info .. very topical for me at the moment

Comment

Thanks Skippy, I have replaced the front speakers with splits, haven't looked at the rear ones yet, but that sounds good.
                  Marc

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X