Mmmmmm not really sure?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mmmmmm not really sure?

Just got a NM (2001) but I want/need a bullbar bumper for it. Realy like the ARB steel one but was wondering if the standard front shocks, springs could handle the weight?
    Don't really like the TJM plus the guy in the store was'nt really that interested and suggested I get a better 4x4!
    If I did go for the ARB will the TJM sump gaurd fit this set up? anybody done this or a similair mix and match?

I don't believe that the bullbar will impact the fitting of the TJM sump guard - the sump guard lies flat underneath the vehicle. You might be thinking of the intercooler bash plate for the diesel - the petrols have a very thin stone guard in that position. The TJM sump guard attaches to the bottom edge of the stoneguard. If you get the sump guard, get the TJM transmission guard as well.
    Ben

Comment

Thanks bgiddins for that, the trans gaurd is a good idea will definately get one of those too!
      I got a bit confused as I saw a picture of the TJM Triton front bar which has angle bash plate (Like my old LR110 had) and I assumed that the Pajero would be similar.

Comment

Hi there.
        The ARB bar with winch compressed my 35mm King Springs by 5mm. when I fitted it.
        The first accessory I puchased (2nd hand) was a set of XHD skid plates. then the lift, snorkel and battery. Worth every cent.

Just tell the bloke at the store... Its a Pajero !!! You only need a car to go where they take their 4wd. So far so good in my 2001 nm.
        Cheers, Mitishi.
        NM 2001 GLS Petrol.

Comment

Smartbar.
          2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
          2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Originally posted by psproule View Post
            Smartbar.
            What he said..
            Cheers, John.
            LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
            Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Must admit the smart bar with less weight was an attractive option. Just wasnt convinced it would allow the winch to be fitted.
              Cheers, Mitishi.
              NM 2001 GLS Petrol.

Comment

Believe thay now do a winch friendly version. Mine isn't.
                Cheers, John.
                LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, I won't be fitting a winch at the moment so that's not really a worry, but the fact that I'm replacing a plastic bumper with a big lump of steel does concern me.
                  I was'nt aware of SmartBars until now?(drrrrrrr!!! sorry need to search more) just checked them out on the web and it looks a good bar.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X