juddery take off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• juddery take off

Hi i am new to the forum and just need a bit of help. My wifes pajero nm 3.5l manual is juddering when we drive off in first gear, and reverse, anyone had this before? thanks Les.

Shuddering clutch perhaps - due to leakin rear main seal, poor installation, burnt from riding the clutch, or your air con drain is leakin onto the bellhousing - most like the later two.

Comment

Hi Les.
      If the pajero hasn't had the air cond drain modified you could be in trouble.I had a similiar problem with a 60000 manual did.The pressure plate was ok but the clutch plate had been stuffed by water/moisture.
      I had the clutch etc replaced, no more problems(MMA wouldn't come to the party also!!)
      Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
      Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

thanks for your replies, i did look under the car when the ac unit was just turned off and the water was running down the bell housing of the gearbox, is that meant to leak there or do i need to modify? Also the clutch engages very high.

Comment

Hi Les, there was a factory recall for an extention hose to be fitted to the air-con drain hose. It should be done for free by a dealer, but as Vince said it does'nt sound good about the clutch for you if yours has'nt been done and you are having problems.
          Sandgroper.
          NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

thanks sandgroper. i will let you know how i get on. but it wont be this side of christmas having 3 kids and a wife who want everything.

Comment

Hi Les was just wondering how you went with the clutch shudder as my pajero does the same thing especially after a long trip.

Thanks Rob
              2001 NM V6 manual, Tough Dog lift, Federal Couragia M/T, Mitsubishi alloy bar, uniden uhf

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X