Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What tyres to get?

Hi All

My NP exceed has worn out its tyres slightly prematurely (37,000k's) and I,m looking to replace them with Bridgestone Duelers D683 has anyone got any other suggestions or advice? Its a diesel auto so I,m mindful of maintaining the factory rolling diameter.This car gets 100% on road use by the way

Cheers Glenn
    NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Gidday Glenn,

I have an NP Exceed (2003) and have just clocked up 106,000 Km The vehicle initially had Yokohama HTs on it which didn't last too well (probably a bit more than you got but not much). I switched to Bridgestone D693s (A/T) (I think...) and could not believe the handling inprovement over the HTs. These didn't last too well either due to a combination of things. The shocks wore out as I tow a trailer on most weekends and this cause some scaloping of the tyres. Ihad the Old man Emu HD Suspension KIT fitted by my local ARB but the tyres were shot. The vehicle was noisy on the road, and it sounded like a wheel bearing had failed. I have recently fitted BF Goodrich A/Ts (75 series) and the vehicle is back to being great to drive.

I guess the message is that all Terrain tyres do handle very well on the road due to the stiffer side walls not being as squishy. If you want a decent Highway Tyre the Michelin Synchromes we have on my wife's Nissan (am I allowed to swear like that on this board???) X-Trail have been really good too.

Cheers

Joe

Comment

Hi Joe
      Couldnt find much info on the Michelins, the Duelers are quite pricey at $320 to $350 per tyre. The tyre places were all pushing Coopers for some reason but I got a price on the Yokahamas of $265 so I,ll go for them even though I know they wont last any longer than the Duelers did.

Cheers Glenn
      NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

You might want to look at the Procomp All terrains - excellent off road and on road as a daily driver.
        Cheers, Mitishi.
        NM 2001 GLS Petrol.

Comment

There are good reports of the Maxxis 751 which is a "cheap" tyre.They may be worth lookiing into. Available in the proper size but not as a Light Truck

Comment

Olderperson and Mitishi

Thanks for the input but the Maxxis and Procomp are more of an A/T when I,m really after a H/T. I had a look at the Grandtrek today which are OEM on the Prado, so I think I,ll go for those they want $285 each for them and I guess they will outlast the Yokohamas I was thinking of getting.

Cheers Glenn

Comment

Watch you load ratings on Maxxis/Procomp and similar.
              --
              Marquis
              SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

The maxxis 265/70/16 should be available in 112S rating which is the specified tyre.

Comment

I'm currently running BF Goodrich ATs in 75 series which I got for $249.00 a corner fitted and balanced from Bob Janes. You should at least have a lok at some ATs as they do handle a lot better than the Yokohamas (jokohahas) and the wear on the BF Goodrich Tyres is impressive (80-90,000 expected)

Joe

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X