Towing Mirrors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Towing Mirrors

I have a Black 06 NP Pajero. Have used clip on type of mirrors for years on this & previous NP when towing caravan. Mirrors have been ok, except when trucks pass by, which causes mirror to fold back.

Have looked at Aussie Truck mirrors, but even with wider bottom clip do not appear to fit over plastic moulding on bottom of the door. Also ORA Enzo with magnetic mounting pad - but salesman would not recommend due to risk of scratching the door, especially being black.

Would be very interested in any feedback on mirrors that have worked well on NP.

Thanks

Geoffm

Black NP 06 Diesel

I've used Ora Enzo magnetics on my '02 NM since new - it's silver, not black. It's towed through Queensland, NT, NSW, Victoria and Tasmania. Lots of trips inside NSW.

From some angles, in particular lighting, there is a slight hazing of the clear coat where the magnetic pads mount. Doesn't worry me and I take the attitude that when I go to sell it, I'll buff the clear coat with the special stuff and it will be like new. Anyway in full daylight outside the hazing is invisible.

Apart from that the Oras have been terrific.

Gaz
    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

I had a similar problem with clip on mirrors on my NM. Got a piece of chord and tied it to bull bar and mirror in drivers side with no further problems. I now have Aussie truck mirrors which are great. Must be a different thickness on bottom of NP door.
      2002 NM 3.5 Auto - ECB Alloy Bullbar, BFG A/T's, 110ah AGM battery mounted in rear seat well, Wildcat headers, Lovells springs, KYB Scorched 4 shocks, Polyairs, Rhino track mounts and alloy tray.

Comment

with the aussie truck mirrors, you have to get the wide bottom clip. They are the only company that make the clip and strap to suit Pajero's, etc which have a ~1in thick bottom of the door. The strap is about 10 bucks each extra or swap when you buy it- but not all places have them or know about it. These type of mirrors IMHO are the best to get- solid as a rock and easy to setup and remove once they are adjusted to suit the vehicle.
        The GLS and exceed need this strap- GL without the extra plastic on the door use the normal strap.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X