Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing Light still appears

Hi Guys,

I recently had the dreaded Flashing light in my Super select system on the NM, I had all 5 sensors on the top of the gearbox changed and the wire seemed to be in good condition.

However the problem remains, this one presents itself in 2H setting only, after driving about 20kms at or above 70kms/hr. If I stop and restart the engine I can travel a further 20 odd km's, or alternativy restart and continue the trip in 4H with no further issues other than the additional wear and fuel consumption

Any thoughts/exerience or advice would be great, I'm not afraid to try but not mechanically minded enough to know where to look next??

Thanks

A couple of long-shots.... Either the actuator isnt holding the selector rail in the right position and the sensor for 2H isn't being held shut, or possibly one of the shaft speed sensors is crook (there is one on the front and rear outputs).

I had trouble with our NM when we first bought it. (it was the first problem I listed and was quoted as being due to lack of lubrication through never having been in 4WD before). The mechanic ended up plugging in their "MUTT" (laptop with Mitsu specific software). They were able to look at a whole lot more than just fault codes - we took it for a drive and were able to look at all the live data including sensor / selector rail positions and shaft speeds. Have they tried that with yours yet?
    2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
    2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

I am wondering about links to US Pajero websites/forums that maybe able a resource for possible alternatives?

cheers
      spen

Comment

I recall seeing a very detailed troubleshooting process posted - I think it was on the old forum, and it was done by a bloke in Hong Kong from memory. If someone has a URL for it, it may help solve your problem.

EDIT....just went looking for it, there was a link in the FAQ section, here it is....http://4wd.blogeasy.com/article.view...ticleID=318776

Gaz
        Last edited by gaz1; 19-12-07, 05:38 PM.
        2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

Thanks guys,

Sounds like I'll be climbing under the car this weekend, booked in with the mechanic as well to connect to a "mutt" but that's going to be after the silly season, I'll keep you all updated.

Comment

sensor issues

Probably wont help in your instance but after having a towbar wired up no issues... connected a new dog float and started having all sorts of warning lights coming up. Mitsubishi couldn't find an issue so I checked out the wiring in the dog trailer to find the wiring in the el cheapo tail lights were shorting. This wasn't enough of an issue to cause problems with my old VR commodore but certainly did on the Paj. After fixing the shorting no more issues. So my suggestion is that you get whatever wiring mods you have checked for shorting.

best of luck and Merry Christmas

Anthony

Comment

I am glad that someone else is having the same problem as me, I thought I was the only one after asking many people on forums like this. After driving the NM for about 40km on the highway the orange centre diff lock light flashes. I am working through the vacumm hoses and electrical system but I think the Mitsubishi dealer plugging in the computer might be a good idea.
              3.5 NM Exceed, 265/75/16 Bridgestone D694LT & 285/75/16 MIckey Thompson MTZ on Patrol Alloy, Piranha Dual Battery System, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Alloy B/Bar, 240 Lightforce D/Lights, TX 3400 UHF, Milford Barrier, 40lt Engel, Black Widow Slide, Poly Airs, Brown Davis bash plate, Windcheater Roof Rack, 2" lift King Springs, 300watt inverter, Redback Extractors

Comment

I too am having trouble isolating my flashing light issue. My problem is when I go from 4H to 2H I pretty much need to stop. However going from 2H to 4H I can do on the fly. Anyone care to have a stab? Does it sound like actuator or vacuum related?

BTW my local mitsu dealer was useless in regards to this matter. They basically said nothing could be done and I should come to terms with the fact that this is going to be the way it is...
                Last edited by Endorphin; 05-01-08, 12:18 PM. Reason: Typo

Comment

I have booked the Pajero in next week to have the flashing light problem fixed. When I spoke to the service dept they said it should be easy to find. If I had of received the response you received I would have been pissed!! You should ask to speak to the Manager of the dealership about your unsatisfactory level of customer service and if he couldn't help then go to Mitsubishi's head office.
                  3.5 NM Exceed, 265/75/16 Bridgestone D694LT & 285/75/16 MIckey Thompson MTZ on Patrol Alloy, Piranha Dual Battery System, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Alloy B/Bar, 240 Lightforce D/Lights, TX 3400 UHF, Milford Barrier, 40lt Engel, Black Widow Slide, Poly Airs, Brown Davis bash plate, Windcheater Roof Rack, 2" lift King Springs, 300watt inverter, Redback Extractors

Comment

Their service manager was as equally as useless. It seems very difficult to find a decent servicing dealer. Well in my area at least...

Comment

Originally posted by Endorphin View Post
                      I too am having trouble isolating my flashing light issue. My problem is when I go from 4H to 2H I pretty much need to stop. However going from 2H to 4H I can do on the fly. Anyone care to have a stab? Does it sound like actuator or vacuum related?

BTW my local mitsu dealer was useless in regards to this matter. They basically said nothing could be done and I should come to terms with the fact that this is going to be the way it is...
                      Anyone care to comment???

Comment

Flashing Light Mod

Just had a service a Mitsubishi Eastside, I reported the centre light was flashing some times during the last week, When I pick up the car they said they had done a modification to stop the flashing at no cost.

So there does seem to be something that can be done, its the first time this has flashed in the 195K period.

Cheers
                        MY10 NT Exceed DiD, Android Headunit 10.1" from Idoing with the camera working. Dual Battery, Piranha Tray for the original battery, Projecta 150A Charging unit, Main Battery Pannasonic (2018), second battery (2019) Lead Crystal 130AH. Draws and Engle Fridge, ARB Compressor, Kings Awning and James Baroud Rooftop tent. Aux Fuel tank.

Comment

Have got the email addy for the warrantly claims manager at the factory if you guys get stuck!!!
                          2012 NW Platinum Edition, D-id, uhf + more to come

Comment

Originally posted by chris newman View Post
                            Just had a service a Mitsubishi Eastside, I reported the centre light was flashing some times during the last week, When I pick up the car they said they had done a modification to stop the flashing at no cost.

Cheers
                            Are you sure they didn't just take the globe for the CD Lock out?

Sorry to be cynical but.....
                            2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                            2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

What was the the "free" modifcation?

First time I have heard of this.

Having worn out or different sized tyres may cause the lights to flash. Switching ignition off will clear the tyre fault code, until you go for another long drive!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X