Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tow ball weight

Hey guys
    I know the tow ball down load weight is 250Kg, but here a point is it 250 kg including the std tow neck (5kg) meaning your van can only be 245 on the ball?
    Working on this principle my HR WDH tow neck weighs in at 18kg so my ball weight can only be 232Kg?

Its just a point , however the difference depending on whether you choose to include or not include the tow neck as extra weight changes your van ball weight.

So one way I'm 260Kg the other way 242kg (full load)

Muzza
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Muzza

I've wondered about that issue myself. In the end, I decided that 'tow ball weight' means exactly that. It doesn't meant 'tow bar downweight capacity' which is what it would be if the weight of the hitch/tongue had to be included in the 250kg.

So (without any authoritative basis) I assume that I can actually put 250kg on the ball itself. Just as well, because my van comes in at about 230-240kg ball weight.

Taking that approach further, it means the weight of the hitch, and the tow bar & ball itself, need to be included in the Pajero's GVM capacity.

Gaz
    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

In my mind, its total ball weight, regaurdless of if your hitch weighs 4kgs or 40 - the total weight shouldnt exceed the max recommended weight.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X