X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Difference in years

HI all,

Long time reader but first poster!

Anyways...moving interstate from Vic. soon and looking for a new car to come with us...Is there much of a difference in interior / factory extras (MATT / brake control) between 2000 - 2004. I was initially looking for a 04 model but if i can find something earlier in good shape i would look at it.

All help is appreciated.

Adam

Hi Adam and welcome,
    2000 to 2002 is NM, no ABS or traction control. 2003 is the start of NP and that has ABS and traction control.
    End of 2002 was the start of 3.2 DiD, the earlier NM has the older 2.8 diesel.
    I think it was about 2005 the petrol went from 3.5 to 3.8, someone else can confirm this I'm sure.
    Apart from that it was mostly cosmetic and sound insulation with some feature differences between models etc.
    Hope this helps,
    Sandgroper.
    NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Originally posted by Sandgroper View Post
      Hi Adam and welcome,
      2000 to 2002 is NM, no ABS or traction control. 2003 is the start of NP and that has ABS and traction control.
      I think it was about 2005 the petrol went from 3.5 to 3.8, someone else can confirm this I'm sure.
      Apart from that it was mostly cosmetic and sound insulation with some feature differences between models etc.
      Hope this helps,
      Sandgroper.
      Thanks for that...just been looking online and noticed a few of the above....spose i should have searched harder before asking the question...I have narrowed it down to a few im interested in but ones in QLD...whcih is a 03 exceed diesel, auto 60k km. The other a 21st anniversary model 04 diesel auto with 85k Km.

Really like the Paj. so im looking fwd to owning one.

Thanks again.

Adam

Comment

Hi Adam and welcome,
        Hope this helps,
        Sandgroper.
        My 2001 has ABS but not trac control.

Regards

Comment

Hi Adam and welcome,
          .... 2003 is the start of NP and that has ABS and traction control.....
          My NP is Nov03 Build and does not have ABS or Traction Control.
          There seems to have been a date some time in 04 where those items became standard. They seem rare in the early NP's I have seen.

Comment

Originally posted by wrexed03 View Post
            My 2001 has ABS but not trac control.

Regards
            Originally posted by Moriarty View Post
            My NP is Nov03 Build and does not have ABS or Traction Control.
            There seems to have been a date some time in 04 where those items became standard. They seem rare in the early NP's I have seen.
            My GLS 2002 DiD did'nt have ABS or T/C. Maybe wrexed03 your 2001 is an Exceed and Moriarty your 2003 is GLS or GLX? I think Exceeds get the updates first. (Otherwise it will be very confusing!).
            Sandgroper.
            NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

That would explain it . My 03NP is a GLS.

Comment

If it has Traction Control and Automatic Stability Control, then it will have an ASC On/Off switch on the dash.

Initially only the 3.2 Diesel Auto had ATC/ASC (November 02 manufacture), but then it spread to the Diesel Manual and then the Petrol.
                Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

My NP build date 01 2004 has 3.2 Diesel and abs, traction control, asc.
                  Marc
                  1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

Correct mine is an Exceed.

Regards

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X