Diff Lock lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diff Lock lights

hey guys i just bought myself a 2000 nm pajero today and im really happy with it so far, its a 5 speed 3.5L petrol gls and its done just over 200,000ks.
    Could someone please tell me what lights are ment to be showing on the dash when your in the different transfer modes?
    When ive got the transfer stick is in 2h are the rear wheels meant to be lit up? cause in my car there not. I can get the front diff lock and center diff to engage and light up (when i go into high and low range) but the rears never come on at all. is this normal?
    I am going back to the dealer next week to get a few things fixed and i want to know if i should add this onto the list

Thanks
    Ronny

Could be blown globes
    3.5 NM Exceed, 265/75/16 Bridgestone D694LT & 285/75/16 MIckey Thompson MTZ on Patrol Alloy, Piranha Dual Battery System, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Alloy B/Bar, 240 Lightforce D/Lights, TX 3400 UHF, Milford Barrier, 40lt Engel, Black Widow Slide, Poly Airs, Brown Davis bash plate, Windcheater Roof Rack, 2" lift King Springs, 300watt inverter, Redback Extractors

Comment

Originally posted by Pagey View Post
      Could be blown globes

so the rears are meant to light up in 2h then??
      Last edited by sikhabib; 15-12-12, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Yep all the time. I have had 1 globe blow before, maybe you have 2.
        3.5 NM Exceed, 265/75/16 Bridgestone D694LT & 285/75/16 MIckey Thompson MTZ on Patrol Alloy, Piranha Dual Battery System, ARB Dual Battery Tray, Alloy B/Bar, 240 Lightforce D/Lights, TX 3400 UHF, Milford Barrier, 40lt Engel, Black Widow Slide, Poly Airs, Brown Davis bash plate, Windcheater Roof Rack, 2" lift King Springs, 300watt inverter, Redback Extractors

Comment

The bulbs for the rear wheels are permanantly powered.

They do not indicate any 4WD function, so there's nothing to worry about if they're not on.
          Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

SInce it has just done 200,000km make sure they have changed the timing belt again recently.
            2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
            2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

thank for everyones help. by the sounds of it i think both bulbs must be blown, im gonna do a search to find how to take the dash apart and hopefully that will fix it.

thanks psproule i will ask about the timming belt

Comment

Originally posted by sikhabib View Post
                thank for everyones help. by the sounds of it i think both bulbs must be blown, im gonna do a search to find how to take the dash apart and hopefully that will fix it.

thanks psproule i will ask about the timming belt
                usually (not always) there is a sticker in the engine bay to say belt changed look on radiator shroud or air cleaner If you cant find one get it changed

Comment

To pull the instrument cluster out, remove the two screws in the top, grab hold around a couple of the gauges and simple pull. It might take a bit of wiggling but it will come free.

Pat
                  2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
                  2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

After you have removed the screws and the instrument cluster there are 2 matal clips that the screws go into and they can fall out. Then when you go to screw the panel back in, there is nothing for the screws to grab and you have lost the clips in the dash somewhere.

Comment

Know anywhere i can get the dash globes for the NM Cluster? Mitsubishi have them but they want $7.35 per globe here in Adelaide
                      2012 NW Platinum Edition, D-id, uhf + more to come

Comment

I had the same problem. Went to Repco , Auo Barn , Bursons and others.
                        Eventually had to buy genuiine., but that was 2 years ago Stan

Comment

update..........
                          spot on guys it was just the globes
                          i swapped the front and rear globes around in the speedo and the rear lights came on. i got 4 new lights from mitsubshi (after going everywhere else first) and all is ok now

thanks
                          Last edited by sikhabib; 15-12-12, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X