Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NP Auto - cannot select 4LLc

Hi Folks,

I have an 03NP auto. A few weeks ago I used 4LLc in anger for the first time to unbog my son's Commodore from an ill-advised black soil short-cut he took.

Following that I could not get the vehicle out of 4LLc. I ended up rocking it with engine power against the brakes a few times and it eventually popped out.

I tried 4LLC in the driveway at home after that and it seemed to select and deselect OK.

Today I went to use 4LLc only to find that it doesn't select and the 4 Wheel lights in the dash display flash quickly.

Can someone here share their knowledge and experience please?

Cheers

David

ps - Happy New Year.

just going on memory, the auto needs to be in neutral before engaging or disengaging LLC. I learned the hard way - it "looks like" it is in LLC but the lights flash and it isn't really in LLC until you stop, select neutral in the auto, then put it into LLC.

Gaz
    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

Originally posted by gaz1 View Post
      just going on memory, the auto needs to be in neutral before engaging or disengaging LLC. I learned the hard way - it "looks like" it is in LLC but the lights flash and it isn't really in LLC until you stop, select neutral in the auto, then put it into LLC.

Gaz
      Hmmm... That is the way I use it (I think). - Perhaps I'll go check - I could have been trying it in Park - although that shouldn't make a difference - should it?

Comment

As gaz1 said, must be in nuetral for it to work reliably.

Happy New Year....
        Cheers, John.
        LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
        Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

Originally posted by mrbitchi View Post
          As gaz1 said, must be in nuetral for it to work reliably.

Happy New Year....

I learnt the hard way too while on track. You need to be in Neutral and Stationary. If it gets stucked in 4LLC , try reverse. That should also help.

tony

Comment

Well there you go...

It works in Neutral - It doesn't work in Park.

It's obvious I don't use Low Range much in this Auto. I used to use it quite a bit in my manual NC and manual NL.

Thanks every body - next time I will read the book more carefully. I saw Neutral as meaning not Drive - without realising that Park would be different.

Thanks again.

Happy New Yew..

Cheers

David

Comment

isn't it good when there's a simple solution for a problem? Let's hope 2008 brings lots of simple solutions (that also don't cost!).

Happy New Year to everyone. How could it be anything else when you have a Pajero?

Gaz
              2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

the other thing it says is the front wheels need to be in straight ahead position
                I dont know how far off they can be b4 it becomes unreliable

Comment

ANother thing that I did not know and only found out 3 years after buying the vehicle was that there is a hill park assist. When you are on a hill (facing up) and you need to park, put it in 2nd gear (for Autos) and you will noticed that te vehicle will accelerate a bit and then 'parks' the car for you.

ta
                  tony

Comment

. . . and I don't think Hill descent Control is documented.

To go down a steep hill, go into 4LLc, into first gear and it will control braking to a slow crawl.
                    Mike R. Sydney. Pajero GLS NX Silver Jan15. DiD Auto. STILL grossly disappointed with the errors in Speed Limits on major roads in my TomTom.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike DiD View Post
                      . . . and I don't think Hill descent Control is documented.

To go down a steep hill, go into 4LLc, into first gear and it will control braking to a slow crawl.
                      My NP does not have Hill Descent Control (nor ABS etc). - It is a late 03 NP Petrol/Auto.

Comment

Originally posted by 1178tony View Post
                        ANother thing that I did not know and only found out 3 years after buying the vehicle was that there is a hill park assist. When you are on a hill (facing up) and you need to park, put it in 2nd gear (for Autos) and you will noticed that te vehicle will accelerate a bit and then 'parks' the car for you.

ta
                        tony
                        When I come to a set of lights on any upward gradient/hill, I stop and then flick it into 2nd gear and it just holds it for me. When I want to take off I just flick the shift lever back across to auto and apply the accelerator

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X