Number of grease nipples?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of grease nipples?

Was under the NM the other day just doing a bit of an inspection - I could only find a single grease nipple under the vehicle (on the front shaft universal) - is that the only one???
    Ben

Ben

that's the only one I have ever found.

Gaz
    2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

Steering (shaft from steering wheel)
      Front drive shaft uni

I don't remember seeing any others
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Thanks - will have to look again for the steering one. What's the best access angle?

My father has a neat little tool he brazed up a few years ago - a cattle drench syringe needle on a grease nipple - lets you grease joints covered by rubber boots that don't have a nipple present. Dunno if it's just wishing thinking, but I did all of the boots on the front hubs, and the steering just feels a lot smoother since doing it. Each boot took about 6 pumps from a grease gun, and were looking decidedly "flat" before greasing - they've got some shape back now. The hole from the needle oozes a smidgen of grease (unless you've overfilled it), and then pretty much closes up. My father has used the technique on farm tractors for about 15 years, and has gone from replacing joints every two years or so, to having had the same set on for the past 15 years. So I'm not too concerned about poking a hole in the boot
        Ben

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X