gas economy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gas economy

hi all , i am curios to know what sort of economy are you getting when running on gas . 3.5 and 3.8 , just state what you have, also manual or auto . cheers

Originally posted by zacc View Post
    hi all , i am curios to know what sort of economy are you getting when running on gas . 3.5 and 3.8 , just state what you have, also manual or auto . cheers
    03 NP 3.5l Auto. Around Town (Toowoomba - very hilly 22l/100km)
    Driving to work 60% highway 40% town 17l/100km
    flat highway with light load 15l/100km.

Impco mixer system.

I find the economy seems to vary according to the state of fill in the tank. I always get better figures on a full fill from empty than filling a half full tank. That warrants investigation I think - could be a converter issue.

I've had the conversion for over 60000km - only run on petrol if I run out of gas - and for one day a month (when I think of it) to keep the petrol system in reasonable health.

HTH

David

Comment

04 NP 3.8l Auto. Around town (Canberra) about 20l/100. Highway 16l/100. Impco injected gas system with about 25000 kms usage.
      Pajero MY05 Exceed, DVD / (infamous) Sat Nav, Petrol / Injected LPG, alloy bull bar, Blue Tongue compressor, Pirahna dual battery system, Cibie Oscar SC driving lights, UHF, Next G car kit, Waeco FF40, set Cooper ST's, cargo barrier and polyairs.

Comment

I have a NL pajero and get simliar figures to "linou"... but towing is a different story.. if you use about 20lt petrol... expect about 24/25 for gas.. (Was towing a dual axel, 20ft caravan)
        Of course it can get worse or better due to winds or hills etc

Ray

Comment

99 NL Escape, 3.5lt manual.
          Towing 6x4 enclosed trailer fully loaded 19.7lt/100 km's
          I am not sure what brand gas conversion it has but it is the expensive type(injected I think it's called)
          99 NL Escape, ARB bar BIG wishlist-LITTLE budget grrrr

Comment

One other thing i have found since converting to Gas... where you fill up, or if it's hot or cold can make a difference to how much you can fill your tank... this of course makes it's difficult to know excactly what k's you are really getting.

Comment

yeh i have noticed the same thing , also i have notice that if i get gas from caltex it seems to go nowhere . i had a conversion done ( injected) and there was replacement part used because the quality of gas is @#$% here in w.a , not sure elsewhere .

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X