fuel consumption for a 2002 NM diesel pajero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fuel consumption for a 2002 NM diesel pajero

Hi Everyone, I am going to upgrade from my old '89, 2.5 intercooled turbo pajero and am looking at a NM My2002 Pajero Exceed with 3.2 l diesel engine and semi automatic box. Does anyone know what sort of fuel consumption around town and highway driving I could expect. The advert didn't say anything about a turbo so I don't know if it has one or not......did they come with or without a turbo?
    Guys I appreciate your input.
    cheers
    Peter

Hi Peter, the 3.2 is the DiD turbo diesel. I had a manual NM DiD and averaged 9L/100km city/freeway and about 16L/100km towing 2.5T boat. Make sure it is the 3.2 because NMs also had the 2.8, not nearly as good.
    Hope this helps,
    Sandgroper.

PS:How many kms and how many $ ?
    NS VRX DiD manual, family pack, tint, 2.5t tow, Smartbar, Firestone airbags, Vision X HID driving lights.

Comment

Fuel Consumption

Runnign two different 04 NP Pajero Automatics and getting 10 to 11 L/ 100 kms in the city running in peak hour. Down south highway / freeway running still getting 9.5 to 10 litres per 100 kms. Towing fully laden at 2.2 tonnes with full vehicle and averaging 90 km/h to Canarvon return 15L / 100 kms.

Hope this helps. Averages are for two vehicles with a total of 130,000 kms of running and fuel consumption courtesy of fuel cards at each fill.

Cheers JC

Comment

I've not yet managed to do a complete test of soley town driving, had the vehilce about 4 months and been 4wding and highway drives of the one tank, but on averarge we seem to be getting 14l/100km when towing and about 12.8l/100km without

Comment

Have NP, general driving to and from work etc, 10 to12 l/kms. Towing van 1100 to 1200 kgs 13.9 l/kms. Have seen on a trip 2 up no luggage 8.7 l/kms. 4wding from 14 l/kms to 18 l/kms, depends where you are and what you are doing
          Marc
          1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

I have an 02 GLS semi-auto and average 10-11L per 100km around town and slightly better on highway. Towing a 15ft plate tinny does not seem to significantly alter the economy, but rarely tow it more than 180km round trips so i am not sure on this. Hope this helps.
            2002 3.2 Did Gls
            TJM Bullbar, TJM Sidesteps, IPF spotties

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X