Snorkels - Safari vs. Airtec?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snorkels - Safari vs. Airtec?

I'm wondering whether this is one of those Ford vs Holden, BFG vs Coopers preference things, or has anyone found any substantive difference in the fit and function on the Paj?? (DiD)

And for those who have fitted either, DIY or pay someone??

cheers,
    NM 2002 DiD, Lovells / Bilsteins, BFG Muds / Cooper HT, GME TX 4400, TJM Bashplate, Hella 2000

This argument has been around for a while... and from what I gather it's much of a muchness.

Both offer airtight connections (as long as it's installed properly). The Airtech is cheaper but the Safari allows you to turn the head backwards.

I've got the Mitsubishi one which is an Airtech... and have no problems.

I'd get someone else to do it myself... if they slip they can pay for the damage to the guard! But others have done it successfully.
    Ąđżą aka Adam
    2004 NP Pajero
    Bullbar, Towbar, Snorkel, ARB Compressor, BFG M/T, D/Lights, TJM Bash, Dual Battery, Tait UHF, AM CB, Waeco, Lovells, Billies, Barrier

Comment

thanks Adam
      NM 2002 DiD, Lovells / Bilsteins, BFG Muds / Cooper HT, GME TX 4400, TJM Bashplate, Hella 2000

Comment

Adam,

Can you remember how much it cost to get the snorkel through MMA?

John
        Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

I *think* it was somewhere around $400... I could certainly find out once I get to work tomorrow (well later today!)
          Ąđżą aka Adam
          2004 NP Pajero
          Bullbar, Towbar, Snorkel, ARB Compressor, BFG M/T, D/Lights, TJM Bash, Dual Battery, Tait UHF, AM CB, Waeco, Lovells, Billies, Barrier

Comment

Working...
          X