X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre Wear after lifting NP Pajero

Hi Guys
    Just after any thoughts, when lifting a NP Pajero
    (I'm considering Kings/Bilsteins & air bag rears)
    Speaking to a suspension guy, he advised is it critical to get a accurate alignment, also important to maintain correct pressures in airbags.
    The example was an owner, inflated from 10psi(standard) to 30-40psi
    without towing anything, apparently the tyres wore out after 5000 km.
    Has anything got any tips or advice?

i personally dont like pump up shockies with independent suspension , its like putting a jack under the rear end and watching the wheels roll in on the bottom and stick out on the top, just how a VW looks when the engine is out. theres the tyre wear.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

The alignment has to be spot on.
      With my installation the fellow spent a good 90mins on mine checking and re adjusting settings. Hopefully everything is ok with it tyres are expensive...
      Time will tell.

Regards

Comment

I have a 2 in lift and airbags. I check my tyres for wear on a regular basis and get them adjusted early and rotated on a regular basis. I bit of monitoring and I have not had major problems.

Duane
        Pajero Exceed 3.8l, BFG AT 275/70, Narva Ultima 175 spots, o2 Jamin with BT GPS, O'Briens camping trailer, 2" Lift with Bilsten Shocks.

Comment

Both of our Gen 3's have had a 2" lift with polyairs. Never had a problem but I did make sure it was alligned properly. I find the front a bigger problem - scrubbing the outside passenger tyre due to roundabouts everywhere around here.

The reference to the rear suspension of a VW Beetle isn't a particularly good one. The rear end of a Pajero is a fair bit more sophisticated than that. Lifting it will not automatically add huge amounts of negative camber. Lower AND Upper control arms are designed to control it. Also, polyairs are not meant to add lift - just maintain height with a load on.

Pat
          2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
          2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Hi Pat.
            I am in the process of fitting poly air to my NP. What pressure do you run when loaded/towing?
            Have to agree, the front alignment certainly suffers from roundabouts.
            Regards.
            Vince

2011 NT. Now to transfer dual batteries, fridge slide, uhf & slider plates from previous NP.
            Gulf pop top outback caravan.Solar panels, off road hitch, bayonet fitting for outside cooking & yamaha EF2000.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceb View Post
              Hi Pat.
              I am in the process of fitting poly air to my NP. What pressure do you run when loaded/towing?
              Have to agree, the front alignment certainly suffers from roundabouts.
              Regards.
              Vince
              Around 25psi if fully loaded. You are supposed to inflate them before loading the car, load it and then deflate them so that the ride height is back to where it should be. We mainly have them for towing the boat but we also use them when loaded off-road. The boat only has a drawbar weight of 50kg, with the rig weighing 1300kg or so, but without the polyairs it was enough to make the back end squat and feel floppy over potholes and so on. The polyairs keep it level and firm. I only run a couple of pounds in them when unloaded so that the bags dont get pinched by the coils.

Pat
              2016 Mitsubishi NX Pajero GLX
              2011 Landrover Freelander II SD4

Comment

Does anyone know their wheel alignment settings, after getting it lifted.
                Marc
                1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pathy View Post
                  Does anyone know their wheel alignment settings, after getting it lifted.
                  Marc

Hi Pathy, My 05 Pajero has been lifted a perfect 3". There is no wear/feathering to,the new Mickey Thompsons. Checked 5000 klms ago & still is the same setting s, Have done 16000 klm's since lift & tyres are the same. Hope the attached file helps. Cheers Gary

Dual Battery
                  80Ltr Waeco
                  91Ltr Longrange Tank
                  3" Lovells/Bilstein
                  3” Exhaust
                  Winch
                  NP 05 DID

Comment

Thanks Gary, the dealer took one look at mine and asked me what settings do we set it, that didn't inspire me with much confidence. the front right is srubbing the inside. Was it you I spoke to at landcruiser earlier in the year at the office.
                    Marc
                    1st month 2004 GLS Pajero 3.2 diesel, auto, ecb bullbar, compact ralley 4000's, towbar,Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Pirelli ATR's,Homemade Bash Plates, Homemade Diff breathers.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X