Nite Stalker Spots
    265/70/16 MAXXIS 770
    Towbar
    TX3200 UHF
    Tekonsha Prodigy
    Kingsley Side Steps
    Polyairs
    Rhino Track Mnt Bars

mirrors that just attach to the external car mirrors will cause the whole assembly to fold flat against the car when the first car passes...
    The best mirror we've used is Aussie truck tow mirror (bright yellow box), but you have to make sure you get the wide based strap if you have the plastic bottom door trims, which all but the base models have. The normal straps have a narrow section that doesn't fit around the bottom of the door. Not all sellers have these, and you'll have to ask around, but they are the only brand that strap onto the door that fit. These mirrors don't move easily, only a slight bit of movement at hwy speed in windy weather, but they aren't the cheapest.
    ORA brand and a couple of others have the magnetic legs that attach to the door, but by the time you buy a mirror set, then the legs as extra, the bigger stronger aussie truck mirrors work out ok $$ wise.
    We've done 13,000km or near abouts with a few tho to go, and love the mirror. The passenger side has a strap on the external mirror job which is fine in town or reversing, but useless on the hwy. We could not justify another mirror set and if that one busted, we have a spare from the drivers side.

Hope that helps

Comment

Towing Mirrors

Hi Mal and Glo
      I have an 05 NM Platinum Edition (GLS). Have tried several different mirrors and the Great Aussie Truck Mirrors are easily the best. Have used them round Oz (30,000 km) with only one minor problem. In cold damp weather, the straps lengthen, and the clip on the bottom of the door disengages. This usually happens at night, and the metal buckle can chip the door.

No other problems, they are really good.

Jeff
      05 Platinum Edition, DID, Auto, ARB Bar, dual battery.

Comment

Hi Jeff & Macka
        The Aussie Truck mirrors look as though they clip in between the door glass & seal - does any damage occur to glass or seal?
        Thanks
        Mal
        NP GLX DID Auto
        ARB winch bar
        Nite Stalker Spots
        265/70/16 MAXXIS 770
        Towbar
        TX3200 UHF
        Tekonsha Prodigy
        Kingsley Side Steps
        Polyairs
        Rhino Track Mnt Bars

Comment

they pull on the black strip a bit, therefore pulling away from the glass, but they do have some tape on the back on the arm in case it touched the glass to prevent much damage. They do leave small indent marks on the rubber/plastic strip, but it may return to normal after a few days/weeks but i can't tell you yet as they haven't been off the car for more than a day or so.

They can be tightened very tight which would damahge the strip or pull it off in the worst case, but as long as the buckle is done up hand tight only (as they say to do) there shouldn't be a worry. If you hit something with the mirror, expect that strip to be damaged as there's nowhere else to give in first..
          The brace arm i curently have adusted to just blow the crease line on the door. Had to move the screw in the middle up a notch. As the doors are weird shaped, its hard to find the best spot, as the plastic at the bottom comes out so far, so i've found that to be the best compromise. And as Jeff said, they do lengthen when wet, but easy to quickly tighten up.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X