Sliders are built finally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliders are built finally

Over the weekend got a lot of stuff done to the Paj. I started with the Tranny fluid that was pretty dark and in bad need of changing. So i dropped the tranny pan and got all the oil, and changed the filter while I was in there. Welded in the bung for the tranny temp sender probe for more accurate tranny temp gauge. Then had to replace the 4wd sensor switch on the front axle. Basically had a lot of upkeep to do to it.

Got a buddy to build sliders while I was doing all the other stuff. Made out of 1 1/2 tubing with a skin on the outside of 1/8" plate to stop things from grabbing and make it slide off things more. There are two holes in each end of the skin to allow for drainage of water and mud. Its also nice that they do not stick out any more than the old running boards did and are actually functional while offroading.

Anyhow here are the pics.

03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Originally posted by icysyrup View Post
    Over the weekend got a lot of stuff done to the Paj. I started with the Tranny fluid that was pretty dark and in bad need of changing. So i dropped the tranny pan and got all the oil, and changed the filter while I was in there. .
    I asked about a trans filter and was told there is no filter to replace

Make sure you run in 4th so the torque conv stays locked on the road and the ATF will stay in good condition.
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Oh there definately is a trans filter. Its pretty easy to replace...2 bolts that are easily gotten to and it comes right off. The hardest part of doing it was dropping the pan cause there are 2 bolts right above the trans cross-member that you cant see and are pretty tough to get at....but with a little patience and grinding of teeth it can be done
      03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

icysyrup,

Your sliders look great, they should do the job OK.

My factory steps (plastic) are pretty knocked around and I really need some steel sliders like yours. Not aware of anyone in Australia that makes anything like that.

Regards
        GOBO.
        Regards
        GOBO

11 NT DID Auto, Bushskinz Intercooler Plate, Brown Davis Sump & Trans Steel Plates, ARB Colour Coded Bar, Light Force Lights, GME Radios fixed and handheld, SME Draws, Waeco Fridge, Dual Batteries, Milford Barrier, BFG ATR's.

Comment

If you can get access to a pipe bender and welder they are simple as pie to make up on your own. Just takes time. You guys have it better than we do here in USA for finding accessories for the Pajero, here.....I have to make everything....ugghhhh

Comment

Hi icysyrup,

I love your sliders. My tupperware steps are also looking rather the worse for wear. Any chance of a set of drawings of what you built or even just the measurements/dimensions? I would love to copy them. It would also be great to see some shots of the underneath showing the attachment point details.
            2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
            1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Comment

Hey pampaskat,

You can find more detailed pics in the Sliders folder on my photobucket account here.http://s65.photobucket.com/albums/h239/icysyrup22/

I will get you some measurements on monday when I get more time. The weekend here is really busy for me. And you can PM me any questions you have if ya want and I will answer em for ya.

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Comment

Hi icysyrup. I will have a look at the other pics. Thanks for your offer of help and providing measurements. Have a good weekend.

P.S. Where in the USA are you situated?
                2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
                1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Comment

No problem. I am located in Upper eastern Tennessee for a while now anyhow.

Comment

Hi,

Did you get the plastic lower bumpers painted in that textured finish?

I really like the look - it is practical - the factory silver paint around the lower plastic area's seems t easily get nicks and scratches off road.

Thanks!
                    James
                    2010 NT Active diesel.

Comment

James,

Ya I just left the lower trim/front/rear bumpers on the vehicle and masked it all off with tape and paper above it and then sprayed the bed liner on it all the way around. It has worked great for keeping scratches off lower areas where it is the most likely to get them.

Comment

Icy,

Those sliders look great - some very clean fab work.

Cheers,
                        Jayden
                        NP GLS DID Auto: ARB Bar, Warn XD9000, Rear ARB Locker, Dobinsons, Bilsteins, 33" BFG MT's, 61Lt Sub Tank, Striker 170's, Dual Batts, etc. etc. etc.

Comment

I am not 100% sure what you mean by 'bed liner'.

Could I get some more details, as I would be keen to paint mine the same.

Thanks mate.
                          James
                          2010 NT Active diesel.

Comment

Basically its this http://www.rhinoliner.com

Mine isnt out of rhinoliner but another brand called Herculiner and it has held up great. I sprayed it on with a ceiling texture gun and air compressor and it just took an afternoon of work

Comment

Truck's lookin' good. Very nice work.

You say upper eastern TN; you know a small town up there called Rogersville? It's near Kingsport.

I've done some work up there in the past (last job) and made that beatiful drive from Knoxville to Rogersville plenty of times.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X