Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper ATR's any good ??

Hi Guys,
    I need to replace only one of my original Bridgestone HT 840, these were the factory supplied tyres being 265/65R17 on my 2005 Platinum edition (GLS) Paj, the reason for only one is that my spare has never been used and there is only one worn tyre that is on the rear, why only one you say! well before I did the Kings and Bilsteins lift upgrade we did a trip to NT and the rear end sagged with the weight of the camper trailer and all our gear in the car, then got a wheel alignment after that suspension upgrade but it was too late, the fronts are only 50% worn.
    Has anyone used these Cooper ATR's and if so any good for both on and offroad, most of our offroad is sand.
    Also, does anyone know if there is a problem with fitting two new coopers and retaining the original two Bridgestones until they worn and then replace them with two more coopers?
    Cheers Tony
    2005 Platinum DID, Kings springs & Bilsteins lift, Polyairs, Factory fit Snorkel-Alloy Nudge Bar-Hayman Reece Towbar, IPF'S & USA made "JAOS" S/S front Intercooler Skid Plate, Redarc Solenoid. TJM Sump & Trans Guards, GME TX 3440 remote mic UHF

I have 16" ATR's all round on my Gen 1 and think they're great. Good on the road, good on the sand, good in mud. Will be buying Coopers again for the NS, but probably a different type due to size issues with 18". If they made the ATR's in 18" I would definately buy them.
    Cheers,
    Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
    1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

Hi tonyh,
      I've fitted Cooper ATRs to my NS (note rims). I had ATRs on my previous Pajero and did the Kimberly's, Pilbara and heaps of other rugged stuff and have never had a puncture or problems. When i upgraded to the NS i ripped the ATRs off my trade in, as after 60000 ks they had heaps of tread left so stuck them on my offroad van. Coopers all round and very happy with the way they perform in all conditions. Sorry i don't know the legalities re different tyres back to front.
      Reagards from Col.
      NS TD Exceed, Long Range Fuel Tank (115 lts), 50mm lift, HD King Springs Bilstein Shockers, ARB Deluxe Bullbar colour coded with Winch, HD Towbar, ROH RTX 17" Rims, Cooper S/T Maxx 265/70/17, Dual Batteries, Safari Snorkle and Diff breathers, Tyre Dog monitoring system, Magellan XL Explorist GPS, GME Personal Locating Beacon with GPS, Uniden UHF, Prodigy Break Controller, Reversing Camera, Updated Security Alarm System. Scangauge + Chipit Chip etc and no DPF!.

Comment

As far as I'm aware, as long as the 2 tyres on the front are the same brand and have the same wear, it doesn't matter what's on the back. Back tyres might have to have the same wear too.
        Cheers,
        Rob

2007 NS VRX DID Auto - ARB Bullbar, Dual Deep Cycle Batteries, Nightstalker HID's, Family Pack, Tow Bar & Lift, Illuminated Side-Steps, Bluetooth, Neoprene Seat Covers, Mio Digiwalker C520 GPS.
        1989 NG EXE Tdi Manual - Cooper ATR's on 16x8 Sunraysia's, Tough Dog 2" Lift

Comment

We are a Coopers family. Second set of ST's on the NM and ATR's on the Feroza. Cannot comment on the ATR off road capability but they are good on road.
          Now I can't be 100% certain but as we have a new NS coming up I was going through the Coopers book with our local 4WD mechanic, who also sells the Coopers we have purchased, and I am pretty sure I saw ATR's in 18 inch at $600 each. Maybe it was ST's but I am going to put ATR's on the vehicle next and I feel sure it was these that we were discussing.
          I do know that about 3 months ago he said they didn't have them but at the time he thought they weren't far away. Maybe they are real new?
          Rusty
          2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
          Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
          2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

Thank so far guys,

I Think I will go with the Copper ATR's as tour thuoghts were they are good and also they are actually cheaper than the Bridgestone 840's, and I am sure they would be better anyway.
            Tony.
            2005 Platinum DID, Kings springs & Bilsteins lift, Polyairs, Factory fit Snorkel-Alloy Nudge Bar-Hayman Reece Towbar, IPF'S & USA made "JAOS" S/S front Intercooler Skid Plate, Redarc Solenoid. TJM Sump & Trans Guards, GME TX 3440 remote mic UHF

Comment

I put ATR's on when they were first released here. Mine are only passenger construction. If you look at www.coopertires.com.au you will see what is available in passenger and LT construction. I have been happy with them. 60,000kms and still quite a bit of tread left. They are quiet on the hwy and OK in sand. As far as mud and rocks go the tread is a bit too conventional and I have STT's for that.
              Regards
              GOBO

11 NT DID Auto, Bushskinz Intercooler Plate, Brown Davis Sump & Trans Steel Plates, ARB Colour Coded Bar, Light Force Lights, GME Radios fixed and handheld, SME Draws, Waeco Fridge, Dual Batteries, Milford Barrier, BFG ATR's.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X