Center Diff Lock Light blinks after driving for a while

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Center Diff Lock Light blinks after driving for a while

Hi Anyone out there got seen this problem.

I have a Pajero NP 2005 3.5 V6 Petrol Version. The center diff lock lights starts to blink and the 4 green lights disappear. This happens when driving in 4WD, 4HLC and 4LLC.

I have to start and stop the vehicle and the lights resume to normal but after driving a while later the same problem comes back.

I dont have this problem with 2WD.

Anyone out there can advise me. Thanks
    Chronix

NP 2005, OME Lift Kit, Customized Winch Bar, Customized Rear Bar, Warn Winch XD9000i, Customized Side Step, ARB Air Locker.

I had the same problem after driving in 4wd in the snow the flashing light is telling you that the vehicle will only stay in rear wheel drive. The cause was a switch or sensor. Dealer repaired under warranty all the mechanics were fine just good old technology. I think it may have been a faulty one as it has not happened since and i have put on 200k since

cheers

Comment

Yep I have the EXACT same problem... after about half an hour of driving (normally in 2wd mode) it starts flashing. It has done it in 4wd mode but usually it doesn't.
      Ąđżą aka Adam
      2004 NP Pajero
      Bullbar, Towbar, Snorkel, ARB Compressor, BFG M/T, D/Lights, TJM Bash, Dual Battery, Tait UHF, AM CB, Waeco, Lovells, Billies, Barrier

Comment

I had the same problem. It is one of the vacuum switches. On mine it was one of the vacuum switches behind the drivers side headlight. The hose fitting had broken off. Check all of the switches, you will find one of the hoses has come off/split/broken etc...
        2013 NW 3.2 DiD VRX. EFS Elite HD 2" suspension. Boos Bash plates. Roley rear plate. Ironman bullbar with 1200lb winch and DRL's. 9" LED spots. Dual Battery. Ocam rails and roof rack, Kings 2.5x2.5 awning. Beaudesert exhaust with muffler delete. Safari snorkel. Provent 200 catch can. Single drawer with fridge slide, Evakool 50L fridge. Redarc Elite electric brake controller. EGR turned off and blanked. Idrive. Ultragauge.

Comment

I had mine doing that and it was the 4wd sensor switch on the front differential housing. It was a VERY simple fix and only 25 bucks. Unscrewed it from the diff housing , put the new one in quick cause the fluid leaks out otherwise and then plugged in the quick connect and done. 5min max if you take your time. Theres a link in the Tech section I think for the flashing 4wd lights. That will help you eliminate the problem too.
          03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

I had a look in my manual and there is no flash light/ code description, does anyone have a error code list , It would be good to hold of a copy
            Muzza
            Muzza
            2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
            2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
            2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all the feed back. My local distributor said that it was a sensor plug that was not connected. They must ave forgotten to connect it when they took out the front differential.

Thanks
              Chronix

NP 2005, OME Lift Kit, Customized Winch Bar, Customized Rear Bar, Warn Winch XD9000i, Customized Side Step, ARB Air Locker.

Comment

That would definately do it....glad to hear that you got it worked out and back to normal
                03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

this is a good thread....!....

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X