Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traction Control?

Hi All
    Just wondering if this has happened to anyone. In RWD I span my rear wheels trying to get across a busy intersection (in loose gravel), the 2 green LED,s started blinking and I lost all forward drive with my accelerator pedal half way to the floor the car wouldnt go, it seemed like ages but it must have been 3 or 4 seconds easily.
    It was a bit unnerving as I thought I was going to get cleaned up for sure,
    Anyone got any ideas on what caused this

Thanks Glenn
    NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Glad you asked this question as exactly the same thing happened to me about 2 days ago, although I could not say that the green lights were flashing, with a car bearing down on us rapidly I took foot off accelerator and replanted it and off we went. Hope someone else can tell you what is happening .

Comment

Sounds to me like a classic intervention of traction control - detects wheel spin & cuts power to the engine until you lift off the throttle.
      NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

I also discovered (early in my ownership, luckily) that the system will not allow you to hold the car with the brake pedal and rev the engine - ready for a power take-off into traffic. It kills the fuel supply until you lift your foot.

I have an auto NP Diesel.

Comment

It causes some grief for professional drivers too by the looks of this article

http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...leID=5615&vf=1
          NP Exceed 2005 3.2 diesel automatic , 100% stock standard except for the headlight globes

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X