abs,traction control blowing fuses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• abs,traction control blowing fuses

any ideas ,the ECU has been done under warranty,for some reason the fuse seems to blow a few hrs or next day after towing the trailer,not while,so probaly about 3 times a month,the trailer plug fine ,because the auto elec says so ,the mystery still remains,the mian reason for concern is that the fuse also stops the brake lights working(same fuse)so when the abs light comes on you know you havent got any brake lights either.

I'll just about gaurantee it's the "too much load on the hazard light circuit syndrome". Change the fuse from a 10 to a 15amp.
    Cheers, John.
    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

its already using 15 amp fuses,8 so far,i will try rewireing the trailer plug ,otherwise it back to mitso their computer should pickup something

Comment

Hi

I had a similar problem. Mitsubishsi fixed it then happended again after connected 3 month old trailer.

Went to a mechanic and replaced the blown 10 amp fuse with a 20 and problem solved.
        2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

Replace 10 with 15. Replace 15 with 20.

At what point do you remove the fuse entirely and hard-wire the thing??
          Peter
          2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

i think i will get the trailer checked out to reduce the possibilities

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X