Lubrication during servicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lubrication during servicing

The 30,000km service for a NP petrol requires lubrication of suspension arm, steering, linkage and prop shaft U joints.

Has anyone found all of these points?

What type of grease is specified?
    AR

There is only 1 grease nipple on an NP pajero its on the front uni-joint on the front tail shaft, it will need greasing depending how much you use 4wd, most dealers don't grease it
    Muzza
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

Originally posted by Muzza View Post
      There is only 1 grease nipple on an NP pajero its on the front uni-joint on the front tail shaft, it will need greasing depending how much you use 4wd, most dealers don't grease it
      Muzza
      I know on my NP the dealer had not greased anything - it was obvious. The front tail shaft is a couple of bolts to undo to grease it due to the position of the grease nipple.
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

are you able to describe where the grease nipple is?
        Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Hi John
          Turn the key on so the the vehicle doesn't engage 4wd, lay under the front LH side from passenger door and view the front unit joint up against the front diff, turn the tailshaft and you can grease it with out removing or unbolting anything.
          Muzza
          Muzza
          2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
          2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
          2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

so, there is a grease nipple. Last month I had to drop the diff and didn't see it.
            Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

I went to grease mine a whle ago but the nipple seems a bit small and my gun wouldn't fit it, never had a problem on any other cars though.

Comment

Originally posted by marquis View Post
                I know on my NP the dealer had not greased anything - it was obvious. The front tail shaft is a couple of bolts to undo to grease it due to the position of the grease nipple.
                Maybe because there is nothing to grease???

As mentioned before, there is no need to remove any bolts to squirt grease in the one and only nipple!

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X