nm long range fuel tank, any probs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nm long range fuel tank, any probs

am contemplating popping one on for extended trips, any known problems, they appear to hang low, does this affect anything.
    dean
    NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Have had one (60L) on the NP for two years now.

It didn't change the departure angle any but I've obviously come down on a rock at some point and dented it slightly.

The 1500+K range is worth it.

If I'd known that Brown Davis did an 80L version (won't fit on Exceed) I would have gone for that.
    Peter
    2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

Long Range Automotive 81L on mine - brilliant. Few minor side marks on it.
      --
      Marquis
      SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

We had a Brown Davis on our NM for about 5 years. No issues with things hanging down or it getting knocked about. Have just taken it off to add to the NS as BD have assured me it will fit. Not even a dent in the bottom. We did have the NM lifted by about 50mm though as the result of OME suspension.
        Problems, or at least some difficulties, were encountered in filling (air locks), no splash back flap on the filling pipe and dirty workmanship which resulted in the first fuel filter lasting 1 (yes that is correct--one) day, the second about 3 weeks, the third much longer but it did fail on the road at Roma.
        By the way peterdeg I have never heard of an 80 litre BD tank. Our NM was an Exceed and they fitted a 70 litre tank to that. In practice I banked on 60 litres capacity as unless the car was parked just so with the correct angle you could not pump all the fuel across.
        Rusty
        2012 NW Platinum 2 in cool silver. Armour tint all round. Hayman Reese heavy duty hitch. Spare wheel lift. ARB heavy duty suspension with lift. Long Range Automotive auxiliary 81 litre fuel tank. Piranha dual battery set up. Battery World second battery. GME TX 3540 UHF.
        Concept caravan, Autofridge 40L Fridge, Waeco CF18 Fridge/Freezer,
        2008 CJ Lancer VR Sportsback with a few little extras

Comment

Had an LRA 60L under our NM and it is about to be bolted to our NP DID. No change to departure angle although I have added a few dings to it over the time. Only problem we encountered was a batch of fuel that had a pile of chunks of silicone in it. The kept plugging the line. Happened 1 day intot he Simpson Deseet. We used a car air compressor to blow air back down the line, but later had to take the tank out to empty it. I ended up with a whole handful of silicone!

LRA now make a much larger one, altough given that this will give us 1500km range on our DID I dont think I would bother with the weight of a bigger one.

Pat
          16 Mitsu NX Pajero GLX
          10 Ford LV Focus ST / XR5

Comment

Originally posted by Rusty View Post
            By the way peterdeg I have never heard of an 80 litre BD tank. Our NM was an Exceed and they fitted a 70 litre tank to that.
            The bigger tanks don't fit on the Exceed as they use the space where the rear air-con is located.

Longer Ranger is 60L, 54L useable (then again, I only transfer while driving, I could probably get more if I found a slope to park on)
            Peter
            2018 QE Pajero Sport Exceed.

4WD History: 2011 MN Triton GLX-R. 2004 NP GLS DiD. 2002 Freelander Td4. 1996 Subaru DL. Learnt in a 1980 Ford F100.

Comment

thanks all,
              at this stage ive only done internet research, according to the lra site the 81l wont fit an exceed or where a hayman reese bar is fitted, which would be odd as who doesnt have a tow bar, will make a few calls.
              dean
              NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

Anyone know where I can pick up a second hand aux petrol tank for an NM please?
                Cheers, John
                Auto Electrician 35+ years
                NM but with tricky electrical setups of course.
                And that's the wank wank wank and more wank factor out of the way.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X