Gen3 OEM Skid Plates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gen3 OEM Skid Plates

Could anyone perhaps give me some info regarding the factory skid plates/belly protection plates. I am not referring to the rediculous standard fitment ones, but I believe that Mitsubishi have proper skid plates available that fit under the engine as well as under the rear of the vehicle. Is this correct?

What are these plates made of?
    What is the material thickness?
    Are they any good? (I have had a look at this thread, but all the opinions I can get are appreciated.)
    And most importantly, does anyone know what the Mitsubishi part number(s) are?

Many thanks
    Last edited by pampaskat; 22-07-07, 04:45 AM.
    2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
    1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Do you really want the factory ones? I checked out the price of the factory sump gaurd, it was $590, which is way over the top, a TJM one was $270 and IMHO better. I know it might be an option if you have a lease, but still, it really doesn't make up for MMA ripping you off. My Paj is on an Associated lease, so could have gotten it through MMA with no out of pocket at the time, but I still pay for it in the end.

I'm more than happy with the TLM sump gaurd, as with most people here.

Hope this helps.

John
    Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Hi John and thanks for the info. Here in South Africa we unfortunately don't have as many aftermarket Pajero accessories available as you guys Down Under so the factory plates could be in contention. Also, their price could be different here than in Aus, but I can't even find out from the agents what they cost if I don't have part numbers (or the VIN of 2 vehicle that had then standard). Another option might be importing the TJM plates from Aus...
      2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
      1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Comment

Originally posted by john_char View Post
        Do you really want the factory ones? I checked out the price of the factory sump gaurd, it was $590, which is way over the top, a TJM one was $270 and IMHO better.
        Are you comparing the same items here? TJM make a sump guard and a transmission guard, but Mitsubishi make the intercooler guard...
        Ąđżą aka Adam
        2004 NP Pajero
        Bullbar, Towbar, Snorkel, ARB Compressor, BFG M/T, D/Lights, TJM Bash, Dual Battery, Tait UHF, AM CB, Waeco, Lovells, Billies, Barrier

Comment

just the sump and tranny gaurd
          Have a Gunmetal Grey NS V6 Exceed. Already raised with lovells, Poly airs, Colour coded ARB bullbar, Sidewinder Dual Batteries, WAECO CF50.... Just moved to Perth, wife and 2 girls and a bloody big boy dog.

Build Racing bikes in my spare time - check out the link: http://www.perthstreetbikes.com/forum/f120/

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X