Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Tyres To Buy?

Hi

I have a 2005 plat edition 3.8 Paj. I have a set of Cooper ATR's and am looking at buying an off road set + rims to use when I head into the serious stuff. I am in QLD so I believe I cant go to big on the trye sizes. Tyres on currently are 265/65/r17

Does anyone recommend a trye, muddy preferably that would fit, not look like a magnet to the police and also raise the height a little.

I have 2inch lift, lovell springs, bilstein shocks, safari snorkel, arb winch bar, magnum winch.

ANy info would be appreciated.

Thanks.
    2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Hi Nicko,
    Cant help you with with the off road tyres, but I am interested in your opinion of the Cooper ATR's. I have been using B'Stone 694's which are great on road and adequate for my bush treks, but they tend to be a bit soft with relative short life span.
    NP 3.5 Auto Exceed

Comment

BFG mud terrains (not to be confused with their marginal AT's) are well worth considering. They self clean well in mud, have a huge ammount of bite and they climb rocks/logs without complaint. I run Cooper ATR's on my Pajero which does most of it's km's running into town. Off road the two tyres don't really compare.
      NS oil burner shorty

Comment

Hi Propajenator

The ATR's are a great tyre and more than happy with them. Best thing is they come with the garantee for 60000klms here may be more down south. I have spiked one off road but other than that cant complain.

Hi Eastie

Cheers for the info. Are you running the same size atrs as mine? If so when you put the muddies on does this change you speedo very much?
        2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

Hi,
          I have a bought a set of Hercules Terra Trac AT 265/70/16 tyres for a price of $215 each.
          They are a 10 ply with a 7 ply tread and a 3 ply sidewall.
          I have found that they dig in well in the mud and perform well on gravel. In the wet they are a bit slippery as a hard compound generally is and you will need to take it slower around corners.
          My mate in Townsville has had his for 80,000 km travelled from Townsville to Broome and still had 1/4 of the tread left.
          Aparently the mining companies use them on their vehicles.

hope this helps
          chook

Comment

thanks Ckook wil look in to them

Comment

thanks Chook wil look in to them

Comment

Hi Nicko

Thinking about fitting a snorkel to my 3.8 . Do you have any comment to make about yours, good or bad ?

Any increase in noise?

Thanks
                Tony.
                03 NP Pajero Exceed, OME lift, GME Tx3400,Cooper ATR's,Milford Cargo Barrier,Nightstalker 215's.... so far.
                The only thing holding me back is my Minister of Finance

Comment

Hi Tony

I had a safari one fitted. No complaints. You can hear it slightly but causes no concern. Suggest is a good accessory to get as the air intake is quite low down.

Nicko

Comment

Thanks for the reply Nicko.

Intake positon is a concern, so fitting the snorkel is more insurance than necessity.

Thanks again
                    Tony
                    03 NP Pajero Exceed, OME lift, GME Tx3400,Cooper ATR's,Milford Cargo Barrier,Nightstalker 215's.... so far.
                    The only thing holding me back is my Minister of Finance

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X