Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cooper Stt For Pajero Np

Hi All

I am lookng at purchasing a set of Cooper STT 245/70/r17 as these will still keep me legal in QLD.

They will stay on the truck full time as we head off the black top every 2 weeks.

Wanting to know if anyone has feedback on them. What they are like in the wet and highway as well as the dirt.

Thanks
    2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Cooper STT on NP

I run a set of Cooper STT on my NP on a set of steel rims in 245/70/R16. I only put these on for trips into the bush. They seem very good in the bush with no chipping on shale surfaces and good traction dropping to only reasonable in the mud. On bitumen, traction seems fine wet and dry, however I do not run them on the vehiclle full time as they are very noisy especially at relatively low speeds (50 - 80Kph). At cruising speed on bitument the noise is akin to having a roofrack fitted. Normal day to day driving, I am still running the original tyres (so far about 55000KM and still at least another 20 - 30000 left on them).
    Last edited by Old Paj; 26-07-07, 07:32 PM.
    NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

thanks for the info. so off road would youy say a good solid tyre. Unfortunately we seem to be limited as to what muddy style/ brand we can get at the same time keep legal.
      2005 PLATINUM EDITION 3.8 V6, COOPER ST'S LOVELL SPRINGS, BILSTEIN SHOCKS, ARB WINCH BAR, MAGNUM WINCH, LIGHTFORCE SPOTTIES,TJM BASH PLATES, SUMP GUARD, TRANSMISSION GUARD, DUAL BATTERY, 60 LTR TRAIL BLAZER FRIDGE

Comment

Nicko,

I run a set of Cooper STT's 245/75/16 on steel rims as a set of off road tyres.
        I have found them very good off road, very good on rocky ground in the Flinders and Gammon Ranges, very good in mud in the hills here in Victoria, grip OK wet and dry on the black stuff.
        Yes they are noisy compared to Cooper ATR's, thats the price you pay for block tread tyres.
        Regards
        GOBO

11 NT DID Auto, Bushskinz Intercooler Plate, Brown Davis Sump & Trans Steel Plates, ARB Colour Coded Bar, Light Force Lights, GME Radios fixed and handheld, SME Draws, Waeco Fridge, Dual Batteries, Milford Barrier, BFG ATR's.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X