Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can someone explain

hi

i have been hearing about the overfilling prob with the paj...as i used to fill my petrol right to the lip.. best way to get accurate fuel usage..

What makes it so bad with diesel paj ??
    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

The only issue on the paj is there is a difference in fuel capacity between the car pointing up or down
    The max amount of fuel is the car pointing down at the front, in my vehicle the difference depends on the angle and can be as much as 8lt, so if you want to measure fuel Economy, just fill at the same angle
    Muzza
    2014 NW VRX , Alloy ECB bar, Poly air bags, EGR fixed. EDS scan gauge, lockup mate.
    2003 NP DID GLS retired and gone to a good home
    2007 21' Lotus spirit caravan

LH Torana

Comment

so filling it to the top of the lip at fuel stations is ok? wont cause any problems?

asside from the fact i need a new filler cap to stop leaks.
      My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Shouldn't be a problem, I fill to the brim every time too.
        Just don't fill it to the brim and then leave the car out in the hot sun straight away for a length of time. If the fuel in the tank gets hot enough it's volume will expand slightly and may cause a minor overflow situation.
        Cheers, Dan.
        2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Working...
        X