Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help lighs on my dashboard

Hi,

well just went to use my car and a few lights popped up..

the engine light
    the traction control light
    the stability light

these lights stayed solid

then i turned her off and back on and hey presto the lights are off.

any ideas what they could mean? i got a feeling potential problems are on the way.
    My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

i know in my wife's 08' Subaru, once a year a fault pops up regarding something to do with the camshaft solenoid which ive found could just be dirty oil in the solenoid.

anywaaaay..... this brings on the check engine light. When the engine light is on it automatically disables traction, cruise & stability control as a 'safety' measure.

so i'd be look at the engine and its sensors/connectors
    2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

Comment

Check this thread out Easykill:
      http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=33738
      As happened to my Paj, you may find your throttle solenoid actuator rod has popped off. If not, there is a link in the thread on how to pull the codes from the ECU.
      Let us know what you find....
      Cheers, Dan.
      2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

it is still assembled

Comment

I've just been through this Drama, mine turned out to be Turbo Overboosting because of the Actuator Sticking and some Solinoids also. Hopefully there is someone on this forum who lives near by who can help Nut it out? Maybe get it Scanned first ? See what Codes you have, but this doesn't always help pinpoint the problem. Diesel Mechanical Shops are So Expensive !
          NP 05 Platinum Edition, 3.2 DiD Auto, Extra H/D 50mm Kings, Garmin GPS, Waeco 40, Turbo Smart Boost Gauge, Lambwool Covers, Kumo Tyres, Rock Sliders Pending, Surrey Downs Adelaide Sth Aust.

Comment

Originally posted by hobbo View Post
            I've just been through this Drama, mine turned out to be Turbo Overboosting because of the Actuator Sticking and some Solinoids also. Hopefully there is someone on this forum who lives near by who can help Nut it out? Maybe get it Scanned first ? See what Codes you have, but this doesn't always help pinpoint the problem. Diesel Mechanical Shops are So Expensive !
            good point, i doubt its an overboost prob, more like underboosting lol.. i have an air leak in my intercooler.. dam... but its slated to be repaired soon.

Comment

Okay. You need to carry out the procedure to pull the codes from the ECU.......
              2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

Originally posted by Aussie_Dan View Post
                Okay. You need to carry out the procedure to pull the codes from the ECU.......
                then how does one get the codes?

Comment

Originally posted by Easykill1978 View Post
                  then how does one get the codes?
                  Re-read post #3 in this thread that I gave you the other day

Comment

cool freaking bananas thanks

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X