Locknuts for NP Pajero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Locknuts for NP Pajero

Looking to get some locknuts for my 05' NP and have no idea what the thread size & pitch is so i can buy the right ones

Also, wouldnt mind throwing a couple on the spare wheel, will these need to be different yet again?

cheers
    2005 NP GLX Pajero 3.8L 5sp auto 198,000km

ok what ive researched so far, thread size and pitch is M12 x 1.5mm

nuts are a flat washer/shank type rather than tapered (makes things a little more difficult)

Comment

Originally posted by Mitsu Miyagi View Post
      ok what ive researched so far, thread size and pitch is M12 x 1.5mm

nuts are a flat washer/shank type rather than tapered (makes things a little more difficult)
      not really they are common to toyota as well and there ar plenty out there, go in to autobarn and have a look at their display rack, or most tyre joints also have them. Biggest issue is to make sure you get the right shank diameter and shank length.
      Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
      Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

Originally posted by schnitzel View Post
        Biggest issue is to make sure you get the right shank diameter and shank length.
        thats why finding aftermarket replacments for shank type nuts is difficult

Comment

thats why finding aftermarket replacments for shank type nuts is difficult

true i have never found the right ones under mitsubishi but often under toyota instead.
          Current vehicles: 1995 3.5l nj Pajero x 2, 1995 2.8td Mitsubishi Delica,2011 Jeep Patriot, 2 x 1971 ta 22 celicas, 74 ta 22 celica, ke 35 corollla with 18rg, 95 gtr 1000, 79 leyland terrier bus ( 350 chev),1978 ke 35 corolla, 1980 ra 40 celica 18rgeu,2011 agricat jd495
          Currently wrecking nh gls lwb, nh gl pov pack, 2 x nj gls lwb nl lwb, NH glx manual, 92 L300 delica

Comment

What sort of wheels do you have?
            Cheers, John.
            LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
            Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

standard GLX

so nobody has a solution for stopping someone pinching the spare hanging off the back, apart from the flimsy factory lockable cap?

Comment

so nobody has a solution for stopping someone pinching the spare hanging off the back, apart from the flimsy factory lockable cap?
                This is the standard type rear wheel lock that came fitted to the NM / NP.
                http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Spare-Whe...#ht_6187wt_904
                If the NS onwards also uses studs to hold the wheel to the rear carrier, this will work on later models too.
                Cheers, Dan.
                2004 NP DiD GLX, 5 spd Manual with SMF, ARB Bullbar, Ironman 12000lb winch, Lightforce Genesis lights, Airtec Snorkel, 81L LRA tank, Unifilter, GME 3500 UHF, Redarc elec brake controller, ARB dual Batt tray with 60AH Deep cycle Batt & Redarc Isolator, Bushskinz Sliders, intercooler and sump guards, Lovells raised HD springs, Polyairs & Bilstein shocks, Milford Cargo Barrier, Philips +100 globes, 2nd set of rims with 245/75x16 Bighorns, Waeco 60L Fridge & a Cavalier camper trailer!

Comment

thanks mate, i didnt realize they were studs on the back

Comment

standard GLX

The "flimsy standard lockable cap" has served me quite well for over 10 years

The standard wheels are just not that attractive to tea-leaves IMO.
                    Cheers, John.
                    LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
                    Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

i'd like think 4wd's are more prone to being broken into or having stuff stolen out of them due to being in remote areas on occassion where its easy to get away with that sort of thing, ie: boat ramps etc.

Comment

standard GLX

I do. When I bought my NL it was just 5yrs young and likewise unimpressed with the standard lockable cap. Figured the cost of alloy rim and new tyre deserved a bit more security. So I employed my m/c chain and padlock which was just hanging around. The chain has a thick clear plastic tube I had threaded along the length of chain so not to scratch/mark anything. I just threaded the chain through the rim and through the hole in the wheel hanger behind and back through the rim and locked the ends together. Does not rattle and fits under wheel cover so as not even visible. Simple enuff. FYI.
                        99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

Working...
                        X