X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buzzing Noise when Car off

Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

After driving for a while / towing and in low range I turned the car off and there is a buzzing noise coming from under the car. Seems to be on the drivers side around where the seat is but from under the car. Not the inside.
    The noise is a like an electric motor whirling trying to connect or disconnect and it goes faster and slower at times but eventually after 30-60 mins it stopped. Any ideas?......

Mik
    2000 NM Pajero - Petrol. Bull Bar, 2" lift, dual battery, rear bar and other bits and pieces.

Have you popped the bonnet while the noise is there, up near the drivers side of the firewall? The braking system is up there and there is part of it, wich i cant think the name off, that others have had making a noise. Someone else will know what its called....
    Cheers,
    Andrew.
    Cheers,
    Andrew.

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
    Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.

Comment

Are you thinking of the actuator, mine Pajero madethe same sound from under and I thought it was the fuel pump but its gone now.
      Rick
      Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***
      New, RG Colorado Dual Cab Tray

Comment

Originally posted by Mik View Post
        Hi all,

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

After driving for a while / towing and in low range I turned the car off and there is a buzzing noise coming from under the car. Seems to be on the drivers side around where the seat is but from under the car. Not the inside.
        The noise is a like an electric motor whirling trying to connect or disconnect and it goes faster and slower at times but eventually after 30-60 mins it stopped. Any ideas?......

Mik
        You need to tell us more. What do you have?
        petrol, diesel, manual. auto, ABS or standard brakes, etc.
        We could think of a number of things but not apply to yours.

Comment

Thanks team, i should really get a signature.... Its a 2000 nm petrol without abs.
          Ill see if it happens again when im running it...
          2000 NM Pajero - Petrol. Bull Bar, 2" lift, dual battery, rear bar and other bits and pieces.

Comment

Mine same as above.
            Rick
            Old, NP Exceed 3.5 petrol, ARB Bull bar, Warn winch, Bush Skinz Bash plates ,2inch lift, Safari Snorkel. ***Now Sold***

Comment

Ok had this noise again today but guess what ? the battery has been disconnected for over a week.
              Its under the car around the fuel tank.
              Then it hit me it was getting warm in the shed and thought this could be a breather or relief valve ?????

Comment

Driving NP 3.5 petrol auto.Is there a solution to this problem,had the same issue towing 21 foot caravan up Kuranda range today if relief valve or breather what is fix?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X